BX24 projects to date

/ BX24 projects to date #1  

MOPAULY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
It's been just 8 months now since the purchase of the 24 and much has been done. I don't know what we would have done without this little machine, it's been a huge time saver.

The attached photos show the 75' by 75' 'deer pen' the owner had built years ago as it looked in the fall, and now as it's mostly gone. The BH was a real help here digging out the telephone poles he had used as corner anchors. This 1/2 acre or so will be turned in to a huge rose garden, encompassing probably 300 to 400 roses.

The laydown area showcases so many uses of this machine it's unreal. From moving stone, soil, mulch, dirt, and scrap steel to 6x6 lumber.

The pipe trench again made use of the BH as shortly after we moved in we found out our neighbor was pumping grey water through our property...so that ended quite promptly.

The fence was uprooted from another part of our property and replanted as shown in the photo one Saturday afternoon. The BH bucket was perfect size for this.

The final photo shows the 8 roses we planted in short order in the front of the house, using the BH and FEL to remove soil, transport it to the back for remediation and tilling, then bring it back in the FEL for planting.

On top of all this it moves snow nicely in the winter, scrapes ice from the driveway as needed, and mows the lawn every week as well.

All in all I have no idea how we would have gotten this much done at 60 hours without this little terror.

Attachments

• Deer Pen - Old.jpg
    Deer Pen - Old.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 414
  • Deer Pen - Current.jpg
    Deer Pen - Current.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 380
  • Lay down area.jpg
    Lay down area.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 371
  • Pipe trench.jpg
    Pipe trench.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Fence install.jpg
    Fence install.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 379
  • Front flower bed.jpg
    Front flower bed.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 389
   / BX24 projects to date #2  
These BX TLB's do more than their size belies. They'll dig all day long, pickup, carry and deposit a pretty good amount of material and mow nearly as well as a commercial mower. All in one package, jack of all trades :D

Good pics, you have a nice ponderosa.

/ BX24 projects to date #3  
Very nice :)

They pay for themselves just in the feeling of accomplishment you get after doing each project :)

/ BX24 projects to date #4  
Mopauly I second that. BX 24 does a whole of work and well. Sure saves the back and is fun to do! I just posted final pics of one of my big projects, tree stump removal, 300lbs bigger than FEL loaded in trailer. One of my next projects is a trench similar to yours and a few dry wells.

Nice pics and Nice job!