BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions?

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #11  
PTO isn't engaged (often an interlock keeping engine from starting if so)?

Check this thread too.

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions?
PTO isn't engaged (often an interlock keeping engine from starting if so)?

Check this thread too.

I do not believe the PTO is engaged. I have wiggled and jiggled and moved it every which way. I have unplugged and replugged connections.

Over the phone the dealership has no idea except the PTO interlock.

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #13  
I have a feeling it's a broken connector or switch.

Best thing to do, is check all the interlock switches with a DMM.

Set it to continuity, and press and depress each interlock switch. Note the change.

Yes, you are likely correct. I will get back with you after I return. Thanks for your help...
Everyone...thanks for your time...

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #15  
seat switch??

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #16  
Tested the battery both with load and no load. 12V. Tested the cable connection from battery at starter solenoid also 12V.
Now, am not sure which leads to test on the solenoid.
Next to the battery cable is a wired snap connection.

There is also a thick short insulated cable between the solenoid and the starter. With a boot around the connecting end on the solenoid.
How do I post a picture here?

How old is the battery? 12.0V is low for a new fully charged battery. If you dont have any interlock switches I.e. seat/gear/pto or a bad fuse or corroded/loose terminals I would suspect your battery is nearing the end

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #17  
Fuse?

Well, this is embarrassing. But, even though it is, it is required that I follow up with you all and report back.
Just returned yesterday - my daughter and son-in-law had pulled the BX24 out of the field and up to the yard. It was parked looking forlorn and still not starting.
Having recovered the basic owners manual (which isn't that helpful) from 3 states over, it made sense to check the fuses (thanks tookielee), but they were all good. I still don't know how to check the slow blo fuse, but...luckily...that wasn't it...

I read and re-read your advice about the PTO switch. Ning shared a thread from 2013. And I found a thread dating back to 2006. All pointing to the PTO.

And that was it. I had failed to really see that the PTO lever itself was NOT springing back to the very top of the slot. It was sticking/stuck against something with enough "stickiness" that even letting the lever "fly" back, was still sticking. It was a simple tug of the lever to seat it firmly and it fired right up!! Yikes.

Thanks everyone. Sincerely -- thanks, you all have saved me some bucks and frustrations. Even with the egg on my face, it's worth it. Please don't ever stop sharing your experience. Thanks again.

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #19  
glad you figured it out
tractor not working sucks

/ BX24 stalled out under load. Now will not start. Suggestions? #20  
Well, this is embarrassing. But, even though it is, it is required that I follow up with you all and report back.
Just returned yesterday - my daughter and son-in-law had pulled the BX24 out of the field and up to the yard. It was parked looking forlorn and still not starting.
Having recovered the basic owners manual (which isn't that helpful) from 3 states over, it made sense to check the fuses (thanks tookielee), but they were all good. I still don't know how to check the slow blo fuse, but...luckily...that wasn't it...

I read and re-read your advice about the PTO switch. Ning shared a thread from 2013. And I found a thread dating back to 2006. All pointing to the PTO.

And that was it. I had failed to really see that the PTO lever itself was NOT springing back to the very top of the slot. It was sticking/stuck against something with enough "stickiness" that even letting the lever "fly" back, was still sticking. It was a simple tug of the lever to seat it firmly and it fired right up!! Yikes.

Thanks everyone. Sincerely -- thanks, you all have saved me some bucks and frustrations. Even with the egg on my face, it's worth it. Please don't ever stop sharing your experience. Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing yours Tippy. We all have those moments.