BX24 three point hitch questions

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #1  

rnbrn21

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Ok, I took my first look at the three point hitch for my BX24 that I will be using on the new 4' bushhog. I am a complete newbie to tractors and I have lots of questions but three are the most important for now. First, how to I get the lift bars to go down? I'm assuming that they do not power down but only go down by the weight of the attachment, but when they are all the way up with no attachment how do you get them down. I tried pulling them down while my son pushed the lowering lever but they didn't budge. Keep in mind that this is a 2007 tractor and the previous owner never used the three point hitch, it was still new in the box. The second question is: What keeps the lower link pin from sliding side to side and becoming disengaged from the frame? I realize that there will be a lot of weight on it but it seems that vibration could shift it sideways. The last question for now is: am I suppose to supply the top link pin to attach the top link to the bushhog? I got one with the three point hitch but I didn't get one with the bushhog. Thanks for any help that is provided.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #2  
The arms should go down when you move the control to the down position weight or no weight. The adjustment knob is in front of the seat did you try speed adjustment? I don't undertand the second question I'm not sure what ou mean. And yes you must supply your own pins

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #3  
Lower link pin stays in place with offset bushings.. The center plate goes over the pin and holds the bushings in place.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #4  
My BX24 came with hitch pin with top link to go on implements. If yours is missing for some reason - you can steal your drawbar pin for your truck for now. To get the upper arms to go down, turn the knob on right side closest to HST pedal with arrow all the way to left (lefty-loosey) as you are standing on ground . Push down on the 3 pt lever with right hand and with leeft hand push down on the upper link arms. will go down easy with little or no force. It will probably be sticky for a second if you left back hoe on for a long time. I am not sure of what you mean by lower part loose, but I am guessing you should have a gray plate that goes on there and pinned in place. Did you put the two metal bushing collars on both sides of that metal bar?

Pm me if you still have issues and still need help. you are about an hour from me.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions
Thanks for the responses and not treating me like the idiot that I feel like. The arms are down and the lower link pin is in and locked. I didn't know about the hitch speed knob and that did the trick. I also didn't realize that the offset bushings (the important word is "offset") would force the link pin out of alignment with the holes in the frame locking it from moving side to side. I also went to the tractor supply store to buy a top link pin to fit the bushhog. I did have one strange thing happen, when I was pushing down the lifting arms when I got to the arm to the bottom the tractor shut down. I started it again and pushed down on the arms not sure if they were all the way down and the tractor shut down again, is this some kind of a safety feature?

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #6  
Not familiar with your tractor, but if in all your efforts you engaged the PTO, getting out of the seat would likely cause the tractor to shut down.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #7  
I did have one strange thing happen, when I was pushing down the lifting arms when I got to the arm to the bottom the tractor shut down. I started it again and pushed down on the arms not sure if they were all the way down and the tractor shut down again, is this some kind of a safety feature?

Does not happen normally. Must have bumped the PTO lever??? I have to pull the PTO lever back to make sure switch is met. Easy to bump with your leg or butt.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions
That's a great picture, it helps. Now I have a new problem/question. When I put on the left lift rod I can barely get it on the lift arm. It seems like the lift rod was welded together at the wrong position to align with both the lower arm and the lift arm at the same time. I was thinking about buying another right lift rod because it is adjustable and able to twist the position of the bracket and use it on the left side. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The one in the picture seem to align with the lower arm and lift arm pretty well.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #10  
I suspect you just don't have the lift rods lined up right. I seem to recall it took me several attempts before I got everything lined up correctly. Make sure you don't have the right and left rods switched. Enlarge the photo I posted so that you can see the components more clearly. Hope this helps.