BX24 Top & Tilt

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #11  
Here is a link to a very well done Power Beyond drawing: Baum Hydraulics

The main difference is that in a PB setup, only the waste oil from the work ports go to the T (tank) port on the valve, the rest of the unused flow continues through the valve to the PB port to feed the next valve in the series. The last valve in the series does not need to be PB equipped.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #12  
...so on a BX24 is the loader valve already PB equipped?

...what about the BH plumbing?

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #13  
You would know that, by looking at the valve. or opening the PB outlet and see if there is a screw, or is there s a sleeve in the PB port. If it was plumbed for a BH, then they would have used the PB port to pass fluid to valves downstream.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #14  
To use the top and tilt feature, you will need the 3 pt on right? so on the BX24, after removeing the BH and putting on the 3 pt you will have 3 ports available. the hose loopback which is the constant flow power beyond. technically the other 2 is the return - One is the power beyond return where hose loopback goes in and the other is volume flow to the tank return.

JJ is right, you need to see which valve you have and put sleeve or plug in for power beyond use. You dont ever want to use a close center valve on the BX's or your BH loop relief will be kicking in constantly=bad.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #15  
If I recall the BH isnt plumbed for PB. It sis the last valve in the system and returns directly to the tank. Well at least thats what someone said. However I believe you can attach a valve (with PB) at the supply side of the BH then attach the BH to that. And the return to the tank the same way you always do. One of the mechanics at the Kubota dealership explained it that way. I have no done it yet as I have not found a valve yet (haven't looked very hard either). I dont even know what size top link I need as I dont have one to measure.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #16  
3pt is usually the last valve in the tractor hyd system. Some people are just running a supply hose out of the PB port to the back, and if no BH the loop hose is connecting the supply hose to the 3pt. and all is well.

If you want a valve in the back, you can do that, and put QD's in the work ports as the supply for the BH. This valve should have PB also. Leave everything connected with no loop hose necessary. A separate cyl return hose would be connected to the tank.

If you make one of the remote valves a 3 position detent, then all you have to do is to plug in the BH, and put the remote valve into fwd detent to supply the BH, and plug in the BH cyl return hose to tank.

The difference is about $200 for the remote valve thing.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #17  
Very helpful... If I use a PB equipped valve between the loader PB and the Hoe I can use the remotes (with QD's) for anything... Like a grapple or power angle snow plow as long as I locate the valves correctly.

I would like to use a 12VDC D03 valve, but then they don't come with PB.

If they did, I could use three position rocker switches in several locations to operate the valves, but I would want flow controlls in line then.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #18  
Very helpful... If I use a PB equipped valve between the loader PB and the Hoe I can use the remotes (with QD's) for anything... Like a grapple or power angle snow plow as long as I locate the valves correctly.

I would like to use a 12VDC D03 valve, but then they don't come with PB.

If they did, I could use three position rocker switches in several locations to operate the valves, but I would want flow controlls in line then.

Solenoid valves with subplates are frequently used in PB lines...no problem.

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #19  
I believe all sub plates are designed to handle high pressure. Whereas the OUT port on a standard valve to direct the cyl fluid to tank is not designed for high pressure. Although some valves OUT port can handle the high pressure. .

/ BX24 Top & Tilt #20  
Excuse my ignorance, I'm not real familiar with "mobile hydraulics".

I am, however, somewhat familiar with industrial hydraulics. The last time I did a project with D03's, the out port was rated well below the rest of the valve. I'm pretty sure the out port was 1500 PSI which I guess would be plenty for most applications on a tractor excepting maybe a log splitter.

I'm sure there would be no danger of cracking the valve, I just think it would be rated lower due to blow-by in the spool.