Tires BX24 - Update on leaking front tire

/ BX24 - Update on leaking front tire #11  
We put a tube in our problem tires.

/ BX24 - Update on leaking front tire
well, I went the Slime route...
added about 8 ounces to each front tire, and since my leaks were in the sidewall, I removed the wheels and layed them flat on each side for 5 minutes before putting them back on the tractor and driving around the yard.
Did some heavy FEL work on the weekend, checked the tire pressure this evening, still up.
Time will tell.

Pete

/ BX24 - Update on leaking front tire #14  
I am not crazy about slime so when I had the same problem on my BX23 and noticed the bad bead seal from day one, so with my experience I cleaned the rim and glued the beads and pump tires to 40 psi...lasted a few years until I got into a thorn tree. Plugged them but the bead leak was back so I did the slime, took tires off and laid on each side to seal the beads with slime until I was able to go out and got new tires (hint ..ask about the date made)... you don't want a tire that has been sitting around for several years in warehouse. Cleaned out the slime put on the new tires and no more bead leak.... I got leaks from another thorn tree, just plugged them and no problem yet with bead leaks.(knock on WOOD)

/ BX24 - Update on leaking front tire #15  
The BX24 LH front had a slow leak that needed refilling every week. Fed up with it I had a tube put in and it lasted about a year. A local tires shop put in a new one which failed after a couple of weeks, they replaced it free of charge thinking it must have been pinched when it was put in. When I carried the wheel back in for the third time after another few day it was clear something else was going on. After hearing that I am moving rocks and carrying gravel in the bucket using 4WD, they said what was probably happening was that the wheel was spinning on the tire and tearing the tube near the stem. I try not to be in 4WD on the pavement but can't say it never happens. So they cleaned up the wheel rim, put in a new valve and converted it back to a tubeless, again no charges - good guys. When I asked about using slime they said please please don't do that, it make such a mess of their equipment when they have to work on filled tires.

So it seems I'm back to a slow leak, but at least it is somewhat predictable and its better than sudden failures out in the middle of the field with a full bucket.

/ BX24 - Update on leaking front tire #16  
:shhh: I slimed both fronts on my BX24... :shhh: havent aired it for a year now.I do know I will pay the piper when its time to repair the tire or replace but then its slime for now.