BX24 won't start!

/ BX24 won't start! #11  
My BX24 would not start yesterday. The day before I had a helper use the tractor for some chores and then he parked it, so when it would not start I thought he maybe did not get the key completely off or he left some bad juju.

I tried to jump it and that did not work, then I looked at the troubeshooting guide in the book that suggested the PTO lever and the foot peddle needed to be in the neutral position. I checked both and they seemed to be in the right position. Then I searched the forum and found this thread. I went out and worked the PTO lever back and forth to make sure it was seated and then the tractor started just fine -- it was not bad juju, just the lever being slightly out of position but not enough to see.

/ BX24 won't start! #12  
on my dads bx24 i found that the forward petal sometimes does not come back all the way and it will not start till you pull petal back a hair

/ BX24 won't start! #13  
:D Thank all of you so much. I was sure that surely I had played with all the levers and switches when my bx24 cut off this afternoon. :eek: I already had the cowling and brushguard off ready to check the starter. I decided to log on and search for starters and low and behold I found a thread to this post. I immediately joined when I cranked the tractor. Thanks again :)

/ BX24 won't start! #14  
I just had this issue come up. I typically just put the PTO lever in off and it fires right up. I had it in off and after worrying that something bad happened, I look on the net and found this thread. It mentioned a switched by the left rear wheel. I looked in there and found a stick had lodged itself up on the bottom side of the PTO lever. I pulled the 6 inch little booger out and the 24 fired right up.

/ BX24 won't start! #15  
This forum is great. Just signed up as my Kubota BX24 would not start. This sounds like it will solve my problem. Thanks, Great site.

/ BX24 won't start! #16  
07/18/2013
I have a 2006 BX24 Kubota was backing up to park it. it gave a little jerk and stop running have not been able to
start it since, battery has a full charge and motor turnover anyone have any idear what is wrong thanks

/ BX24 won't start! #17  
07/18/2013
I have a 2006 BX24 Kubota was backing up to park it. it gave a little jerk and stop running have not been able to
start it since, battery has a full charge and motor turnover anyone have any idear what is wrong thanks

I would start by checking the fuses including the slow blow fuse in the wiring harness under the hood (at least that's where it was on my previous BX 2200). Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX24 won't start! #18  
I have a 2006 BX24 Kubota, was backing up to park it. it gave a little jerk and stop running have not been able to
start it since, battery has a full charge and motor will turn over by hand, will not turn over with key, turn key on and lights and all dash gages work, check the 6 fuse all are good, anyone have any idear what is wrong, thanks

/ BX24 won't start! #19  
yup, that jerk probably moved the pto switch to on. Try holding the pto lever back while attempting to start. same with HST pedal. rock it to try to make it centered.

On the other hand, if that not it, you will need to crawl underneath and check the HST linkage and make sure that the bolt with spring going straight up is still connected to HST transmission connected to HST pedal. You can tell by tracing the linkage from pedal back to where it connects to the tranny. while down there, take a note of the HST saftey neutral switch and make sure its closed. This happened to me once this summer when I was backing up to realign while mowing and I had no forward/reverse. I shut the BX off and it wouldn't start. I did the same what I described above and found the linkage fell off. I was able to start it by pressing the hst neutral switch and turning the key the same time since my arms was barely long enough to do both. I was able to drive it back to the garage and fix it with another nylon nut and put it back together.

/ BX24 won't start! #20  
Thanks A lot Radioman I will try what you said And thanks again