Loader bx24

/ bx24 #11  
Sure, a video would help a lot.
Make sure the fluid is clear, not milky
Air in the fluid is rare, but in the BX24 it may be a good clue. Usually air goes away by itself when you run it a bit. If not, it usually comes via a suction side leak between sump and inlet to the hydraulic pump. That includes the rubber line that is known to cause problems on your model tractor. I believe Kubota sells an upgraded suction line. Check that line.
I doubt it is internal leakage in the boom cylinders. Internal leakage is almost never the problem. In fact, internal bypass leakage cannot make the cylinder and rod pair shorten.
Many tractors will not lift the front much by simply laying the bucket flat and using bucket pressure; they need boom down pressure.
I have no idea what is meant by a float detent valve leaking.
rScotty
The float detent is in the cap at the end of the loader spool. If there is rust in the cap or the detent assembly is falling apart, it will not allow the spool to center to neutral.

As far as lifting the front with the bucket, the bucket has the most leverage and can lift the front when the loader boom/lift cylinders won't. It helps to have the backhoe off the ground so you aren't fitting it. However, if there is leakage in the lift system, the bucket will lift the front while the loader leaks down, as you have seen.

Lifting your tiller and the loader leaking down shows it is isolated to the lift circuit, so milky oil or low level is not the problem.

Does the valve for the loader snap back to center when you let go of it?

Try lifting your tiller again and pull the lever slightly back off of center to see if it will hold the load without moving the valve lever to where it is actually pressurizing the circuit.

/ bx24 #12  
Bucket on my BX will not lift the tractor unless you are full throttle (maybe) the boom with the bucket down will pop it up at idle. Single bucket cylinder dual boom.

/ bx24 #13  
Bucket on my BX will not lift the tractor unless you are full throttle (maybe) the boom with the bucket down will pop it up at idle. Single bucket cylinder dual boom.
Okay, good point. I'm used to larger tractors with dual bucket cylinders, but, as you said the loader pops it up. I have noticed that the BX series I have come across don't do much hydraulically unless at least half throttle. It is necessary to run at or close to full throttle to give you an operating pressure.
This case, the bucket will lift it and the loader tries, but the loader leaks down.

/ bx24
update on this.
i had to rebuild both cylinders of the FEL boom and it fixed the problem.
and i have had to pretty much rebuild every cylinder on it.
fel and back hoe but she is a strong little tractor now

/ bx24 #15  
Thanks for the update. Funny how time gets away from a guy, problem starts in Feb, but final answer isn't till December.

Doug in SW IA

/ bx24
yea problem is i had knee surgery and shoulder surgery since then.
so i have been down a while

thanks Ken