BX24D FRONT AXLE repair

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #1  

KSokol

Tractor
127 cub cadet; BX 24 kubota
I have a fluid leak on between the Case Bevel Gear and the Case Front Gear - has anyone repaired - level of difficulty - any special tools - cost

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #2  
Check out this post: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/337490-l3010-front-axle-seal-bearing.html

If the link doesn't work, it is titled "L3010 Front Axle Seal / Bearing Replacement" in this forum.

Also, in case you don't know... Go to Kubota Tractor Corporation , click on Parts, click on Illustrated Parts List, click the disclaimer, enter your model, click search, then click OPEN to get to the IPL of your tractor. From there you can search for the front axle and see all the internals. Between that and the post URL I gave, you should have a good idea on the work involved.

Good luck!

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #3  
Don't go for the tools. Instead, seek some reliable repair shop somewhere near yours.

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #4  
Don't go for the tools. Instead, seek some reliable repair shop somewhere near yours.
Why? These are typically easy repairs, I'm sure if the OP isn't comfortable with doing it himself he will hire it out.

Considering this thread is 4years old I'm sure it's been taken care of.

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #5  
I have not seen any satisfaction in DIYs. It sometimes brings more trouble!

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #6  
This site is very DIY oriented, seems a lot of people do get satisfaction from it.

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #7  
Seeing this was originally posted in 2015, I'm going to guess he has it fixed by now.

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #8  
I was just going to post the same question. I have a leak between the bevel gear case and front gear case on my B2910. I looked at the shop manual and it looks like there is an O-ring between the 2 parts which are held together by 4 bolts. It looks like an easy repair. Not sure if the BX24D is similar. I am curious if anyone has attempted this repair.

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #9  
David, you really should start a new thread... you'll get a better, more accurate response.

Just a suggestion...

/ BX24D FRONT AXLE repair #10  
I was just going to post the same question. I have a leak between the bevel gear case and front gear case on my B2910. I looked at the shop manual and it looks like there is an O-ring between the 2 parts which are held together by 4 bolts. It looks like an easy repair. Not sure if the BX24D is similar. I am curious if anyone has attempted this repair.

I did axle overhaul on my F3060 mower due to oil leak and preventive maintenance (3500+ hours on the clock). Couple new of bearings, seals and O-rings etc.

I did not need to open the differential, only the pinion seal & bevel gear housings.
Similar design - lot of parts, but it's not rocket science.

Assuming you are comfortable working with gears & seals etc. and make sure you have the appropriate shop manual for your model tractor.
I suggest removing the whole axle from the tractor before opening it up.

Bevel Gear Case.jpg Bevel Gear Shaft.jpg