BX25 front auger

/ BX25 front auger #11  
Kenny,
This is what I was going by also. Nice hearing from you again.:)

I am moving my auger to a front bucket mount, but will be using the rear remote to power it, like the backhoe. So, this should work for him, right?
hugs, Brandi

Is there any advantage to having it loader mounted?

Would seem the backhoe mount you have would be the most versatile...

/ BX25 front auger #12  
Look at the .pdf attached below from the Kubota site at this link: Tractors | BX Series| BX1860/BX2360/BX2660/BX25

The total GPM for the pump is indeed 6.3, but if you look on the second page under the loader specs it list's the flow at 3.7 GPM for the loader. The difference between the two figures is dedicated to the steering system through a priority valve.

Kenny,
The loader specs says it has a rated flow of 3.7. Isn't that just what it needs to work right?

The specs say nothing about having a separate steering pump. So with you saying the system has a priority valve, it would appear that if steering is in use, it gets the flow by the priority valve. But when steering is not in use, the flow will be prioritized to where it is needed.

I was also trying to find the minimum gpm the backhoe uses, but it is not listed. If it was me, I would consult a hydraulic schematic and see just what all is prioritized and when.
hugs, Brandi

/ BX25 front auger #13  
Kenny,
The loader specs says it has a rated flow of 3.7. Isn't that just what it needs to work right?

I have never seen one (a HPHD that is) rated for less than 5 GPM.

The specs say nothing about having a separate steering pump. So with you saying the system has a priority valve, it would appear that if steering is in use, it gets the flow by the priority valve. But when steering is not in use, the flow will be prioritized to where it is needed.

Correct, there is only one pump. And priority valves do not work like that-it would be great if they did. Basically it strips of some flow and directs it to the steering 100% of the time so it is always available to the steering.

/ BX25 front auger #14  
Is there any advantage to having it loader mounted?

Would seem the backhoe mount you have would be the most versatile...

Ultrarunner,
I thought that also. I thought, since my backhoe bucket could reach 14 feet, I could put in 3 holes eight feet apart. But after I got the auger installed, I realized I had to raise the boom so much for the ground clearance, My hole digging reach was severely restricted. Each time I have to move the tractor for more holes, I have to stow and lock the boom, raise the stabilizers and then move around to the front seat and move the tractor, then reverse all this. Moving it to the front bucket, I will not have to do all again, time after time.
I would not have to leave the seat. Having the auger on the end of a backhoe was great for getting into the barn and digging holes right up to the wall, or other tight spots, but for numerous, wide open, fence posts, it needs to be on the front bucket. Danuser sells a loader bucket mount. I didn't buy that and I modified the auger motor's mounting swivel to except my backhoe bucket's pin. So I will make a loader mount to fit it and have straight line access and limited corner augering access.
hugs, Brandi

/ BX25 front auger #15  
I have never seen one (a HPHD that is) rated for less than 5 GPM.

Correct, there is only one pump. And priority valves do not work like that-it would be great if they did. Basically it strips of some flow and directs it to the steering 100% of the time so it is always available to the steering.

Okay, thanks Kenny. Just another negative for having too small a tractor. Not knowing the exact flow the tractor has is a unknown then. He could go ahead and if he didn''t like the results, he could get a PTO pump.
hugs, Brandi

/ BX25 front auger #16  
Makes sense... trading flexibility for speed and convenience...