3-Point Hitch BX25 Help With Rear Remotes

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #1  

SEB92

Tractor
BX25
I am looking to add rear remotes on my BX25 for the main purpose of having power angle on my rear blade. I will probably find other reasons down the road but thats the main one right now. I know that with BX25 i cannot add the Kubota kit becuase i have the Bhoe. I would like to use the slot already on the left side of the seat to put the valve. I have 4 main questions:

1. Can I hook the valve up to the 3 quick couplers where you hook the Bhoe up at? Run lines from the valve and have quick couplers on the ends and hook them up, and unhook to hook up Bhoe.
2. Will by 3pt still rise and lower if i do this?
3. What valve would i have to use?
4. Am i doing this the hard way, what other options do I have?

Thanks in advance!

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #2  
I am in the planning phase for the same type project. I am mounting mine on the right side so I don't get hung up on the levers getting on & off. I am planning a 4 valve block so I do not have to redo when I find I want to add something else. R side is cluttered already. Do you have the shop manual? It is a must have on these type projects. I learned all about the Power beyond circuit, that is the 3rd line on the BH. You have to continue the PB with the new valve block and hook to all three hoses, the SM will help you keep all that straight. With the PB intact all other functions work. They won't if you only hook to the Pressure line and the tank line. Call the Tech Center at Surplus center and they will get you the right pieces and give you diagrams. Keep at it. It is rewarding to do your own work and saves a bunch of $$.

Ron

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #3  
you will need to do some reading on power beyond. That short black hose that you hook up after taking BH off is your constant power beyond flow. There should be 2 ports on the outlet side of the valve.
A "T" or tank/return port and the "BYD" port you are talking about.
Quite often on these inexpensive valves you can install a plug thru one of these ports to enable the power beyond.
Without the plug installed the "T" & "BYD" ports are common to each other.
These ports would also be common with the "P" port on the inlet side of the valve assuming it is an open center valve.
With the plug installed, "T" will be isolated from the "BYD" and "P" ports.

Now -- The BX "high pressure" side is that short black loop back hose. You have TWO return lines but one is always "activated as low pressure line" and other no pressure flow depending on spool in or neutral position.
look at the pdf flash example http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/techFAQ/OpenCenterPbDA.pdf . Its the perfect example how your BH works when its hooked up. When you take it off and introduce a 2 lever control - you end up with exact same scenario with that prince valve example. The only difference is that the no flow out is not TEED in I it goes to the other return port that the hose doesnt use at all when its hooked up with BH off.
Is your head swimming yet? Believe me- mine was for a long time and I finally got the "basic understanding" but not an expert yet.

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #4  
Any recommendations as to which valve to buy?

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #5  
I did this project last fall to my BX25. Added a two spool valve that runs off the backhoe ports. I run my hydraulic top link from one and the second is planned for a grapple thumb for the FEL. If you search for threads I started you should find it. Even has a video or two. Will post a link later when I'm home. By the way, I went with a Prince Wolverine valve from Surpluses Center IIRC. Works great and wasn't too expensive.

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #6  
I am looking to add rear remotes on my BX25 for the main purpose of having power angle on my rear blade. I will probably find other reasons down the road but thats the main one right now. I know that with BX25 i cannot add the Kubota kit becuase i have the Bhoe. I would like to use the slot already on the left side of the seat to put the valve. I have 4 main questions:

1. Can I hook the valve up to the 3 quick couplers where you hook the Bhoe up at? Run lines from the valve and have quick couplers on the ends and hook them up, and unhook to hook up Bhoe.
2. Will by 3pt still rise and lower if i do this?
3. What valve would i have to use?
4. Am i doing this the hard way, what other options do I have?

Thanks in advance!

Just install the valve in series with the loader valve, and make the remote valve the feed to the BH with the three hoses at the back.

As far as which valve, it depends on how you use the valve.

I would suggest a 4 spool valve, one spool with float and maybe one spool with 3 way detent . two spools DA CYL SPOOL SPRING CENTERED.

You could have a T-N-T setup with either of these valves.

Surplus Center - 3 SPOOL 25 GPM PRINCE RD532GCCGAA5A4B1 OC VALVE

CONTINUE SHOPPING | CLEAR CART
Description
Each Price Stock Status Qty
Total Price
4 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W/POWER BEYOND
Item# 9SV-4-Y
Components:
- SVW1DD1 (DA CYL SPOOL W/DETENTED FLOAT POSITION) #PSV D SECTION
- SVW1BA1 (DA CYL SPOOL SPRING CENTERED) #PSV B SECTION
- SVW1BA1 (DA CYL SPOOL SPRING CENTERED) #PSV B SECTION
- SVW1BB1 (DA CYL SPOOL 3 POSITION DETENT) #PSV C SECTION
- POWER BEYOND OUTLET SECTION #SVE22
- SAE8 RELIEF INLET SECTION #SVI15
- 4 SECTION TIE ROD KIT #660401004 $411.80 in

$411.80

Subtotal
$411.80

|

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #8  
... That short black hose that you hook up after taking BH off is your constant power beyond flow. There should be 2 ports on the outlet side of the valve.
A "T" or tank/return port and the "BYD" port you are talking about... The BX "high pressure" side is that short black loop back hose. You have TWO return lines but one is always "activated as low pressure line" and other no pressure flow depending on spool in or neutral position...

Thanks Radioman - that's much appreciated! I too would like to install a remote valve on my BX25; however, I am having difficulty understanding out how the oil flows in the rear BX25 hydraulic lines. Might you or another member be able to provide diagrams illustrating flows in the following situations? For example:

1) a diagram illustrating how the oil flows through the three hydraulic lines between the BX25 and the BT601?
2) a diagram showing to which ports on a double spool rear remote the above hydraulic lines should be connected to?
3) a diagram showing which ports on a double spool rear remote would be connected to two hydraulic cylinders on a new attachment (when BT601 is dismounted)?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes
Does anyone see a problem with this valve? The BX low GPM so i figure an 8gpm valve would do. I know ill need the power beyond plug also for this valve.

220-907 2 SPL VALVE 4WAY 3POS 10 GPM Directional Control Valves | Directional Control Valves ED Series | Type 4-way 3 pos. tandem center

OK, home for lunch. Here's a link to my thread on the auxiliary valve. I know there are a few others on this subject that go back a few more years, so some good info out there if you do some searching.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/245770-bx25-remote-valve-project.html

CHDinCT thanks for the link to your build! Looks like great work! I like the location just seems like you have to reach backward to get to the levers. Maybe they should be moved forward more? Or is it a comfortable location? I also like the hydraulic top link. What size? and where did you buy it? How is the grapple project coming? Love to see pictures I might have to build that too!

/ BX25 Help With Rear Remotes #10  
Thanks Radioman - that's much appreciated! I too would like to install a remote valve on my BX25; however, I am having difficulty understanding out how the oil flows in the rear BX25 hydraulic lines. Might you or another member be able to provide diagrams illustrating flows in the following situations? For example:

1) a diagram illustrating how the oil flows through the three hydraulic lines between the BX25 and the BT601?
2) a diagram showing to which ports on a double spool rear remote the above hydraulic lines should be connected to?
3) a diagram showing which ports on a double spool rear remote would be connected to two hydraulic cylinders on a new attachment (when BT601 is dismounted)?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

My answers are bold -- it may be feeble info though, I wish I had a copy of the WSM or work shop manual in my hands.
1) a diagram illustrating how the oil flows through the three hydraulic lines between the BX25 and the BT601? I dont have the WSM right now but the wsm has this info.
2) a diagram showing to which ports on a double spool rear remote the above hydraulic lines should be connected to? forgive me -- either I am tired, or this is not clear to me. Can you elaborate what you are looking for here?
3) a diagram showing which ports on a double spool rear remote would be connected to two hydraulic cylinders on a new attachment (when BT601 is dismounted)? I believe this would depend on the model and brand and number of spools you plan to use.