BX25 Loader Manifold Leak

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak #1  

MacTractor

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 JD 2320
I have been working my BX25 pretty hard these days with lots of loader work and about a week ago I sprung a leak from one of the O-Rings on one of the connectors on the loader control manifold located down by your feet. The O-Ring was destroyed. Of course, the dealer says they have never heard of any problems and gave me a new O-Ring. It is now leaking again. I have not had the time to take it apart yet to look to see if it is the same O-Ring.

I have found some other posts of users with their BX24 and this same issue. The issue appears to be an incorrectly machined fitting for the pipe to the quick connect. The resolution appeared to be a replacement pipe.

Did this solve the issue? I need some ammo so that I don't waste my time trucking my machine into the dealer for him to just replace the O-Ring again and send me on my way only to be back again for the same problem.

Cheers,

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak #2  
Are you sure it leaking from the coupler or the threads ?

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak
The connections to the manifold have 2 O-Rings. An upper smaller one and a larger lower one. The lower ones are blowing out. I put a hydo pressure tester on the tractor and in is around 1950 PSI which I believe is in the expected range.

After taking it apart again this morning, it is not the same one replaced last week. Luckily it was another one of the front ones that are easy to get at. I am little worried about this being a common occurance.

Cheers,

Are you sure it leaking from the coupler or the threads ?

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak #4  
BX2350 same problem. 1st time $100 for service call ( I dont have a trailer) and $16 to clean the manifold to find the leak and tighten the bolt (mechanic said he'd seen this before but not often). One week later leaks again ,$17 for a wrench to do it my self. Last weekend same problem but different connection, after heavy loader use moving loam. Tightened all again. getting really tired of this. Tractor has 249 hrs on it so no more warranty.

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak #5  
perhaps you need to add red loctite ?

After much research and some help from member posts on this board, it was determined that the hydraulic lines going to the manifold are deffective. They have an incorrect bevel and this causes the tractor to eat O-Rings. My BX25 is at the dealer as we speak getting all of the lines replaced under warranty.

Bubblehead,

You should call your dealer to get your fixed. I have chatted with others from this board who have had the fix and they have told me the leaks never came back after the fix.

It was a real PITA as they were failing when I needed the tractor the most as I am running out of time to have all of my top soil spread out before Winter.

Good luck!

After much research and some help from member posts on this board, it was determined that the hydraulic lines going to the manifold are deffective. They have an incorrect bevel and this causes the tractor to eat O-Rings. My BX25 is at the dealer as we speak getting all of the lines replaced under warranty.

Bubblehead,

You should call your dealer to get your fixed. I have chatted with others from this board who have had the fix and they have told me the leaks never came back after the fix.

It was a real PITA as they were failing when I needed the tractor the most as I am running out of time to have all of my top soil spread out before Winter.

Good luck!

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak #8  
Well I talked to the dealer and he sent a mechanic over today to replace all the "o" rings. But on closer inspection found a leak where on one of the loader lines where the tube attaches to the "collar" (see attachment). Tried to get the part off but finally put it back together and she's off to the shop for repairs. They have to order the part, so my pile of loam will sit a little longer . Sure hope KUBOTA covers some of this , my warranty ran out in May. Is this the "flare joint " others have mentioned because my dealer stated that all he knew was that Kubota did a lousy job of installing some of the "o" rings. Thanks again for all your help here - I have a habit of "listening more than speaking on here"

Attachments

• bx2350 leak.JPG
    bx2350 leak.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 415
bubblehead,

Replacing O-Rings did nothing for me except it bought me 2 weeks before I had a leak again. In my case, all of the lines need to be replaced as the flare on the fittings is bad and they will chew up any O-Ring you put in there over time.

My dealer called Kubota and they know of this defect. The fix is to replace all of the lines.

/ BX25 Loader Manifold Leak #10  
Folks I think I might be getting similar problems with my BX2660. I suspect the manifold (hydraulic control box) is the same on a BX24, BX25 and BX 2660 .
My troubles started a month ago with roughly 150 hrs on my machine I bought last fall. My manifold started leaking very badly and my dealer picked it up and fixed under warranty (very good quick service I might add), they assumed that the factory tightened fitting down to much and screwed up oring , so they just ordered the orings and replaced.
So I believed they fixed right because I had not seen this post and the other thread on these leaks.
Except last week I had leak again. Dealer was again quick to pickup ....and this time I printed off the thread from tractorbynet.com that discussed the possiblilty of the flare being wrong on the steel lines. I showed it to them. They said they would watch for , I hinted they should call Kubota and ask if this is a problem. But I could tell they were not "internet type folks" And Unfortunately when mechanic took apart the manifold (same fitting as before was leaking) to look at the orings, he tells me he realized he had put two orings instead of one the last fix , and so had frayed the orings. So he assumed that was the problem..... and did not pursue my concern about the flares. .....So now I might not have a problem, or I might have a problem a few weeks or months from now ! I am posting this as a headsup to all BX24,25 and 26 to watch for this problem and to show potential histroy to my dealer if it or other fittings on manifold goes again.
If anyone (especcially Mactractor since he is from Ontario too) happens to talks to a Kubota headoffice person about this, please let us know the name, so we can all call and ask for same person if trouble occurs.

thanks
jake

Last edited: