BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale?

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #1  

Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Lots of posts on "What should I buy?".

What I would like to hear is "What were you displeased with
and what do you wish you had bought?"

Yes I am shopping serious for a PHD for a BX25.

Los Angeles area, OR, Spokane/CDA area.

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #2  
Make sure your new PHD is made for SCUTs. They set real low and shaft length is critical. Each brand probably hes only one suitable if any. A friend bought one on CL and it was one of those made for a CUT not a SCUT. He paid to much for it so never got all his money back when reselling. He would have saved money by buying a new one.

Ron

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #3  
What will you be digging holes for?

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale?
Digging holes for a myriad of items.
Everything in general. I have a raw piece
of land, it needs everything...starting w/
some posts for electrical meter socket / temp-service
in a few places.

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #5  
Compact Tractor 3 Point Post Hole Digger at least watch their video even if you don't buy their product. It touches on fitment issues you'll run into on a small machine. ETA makes good stuff though & they support TBN, so you should consider them.

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #6  
Compact Tractor 3 Point Post Hole Digger at least watch their video even if you don't buy their product. It touches on fitment issues you'll run into on a small machine. ETA makes good stuff though & they support TBN, so you should consider them.

This is the one I got, with 9" auger, running off my 2005 BX23.

If it grabs and pulls in, the tractor will stall, but otherwise this works quite well.

Mendo

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #7  
Is a BX with a shorter auger going to fit your needs? Around here you need deep holes.

David

/ BX25 POST HOLE DIGGER REGRETS? For sale? #8  
I use one my son bought from TSC, regular size PHD that he uses on his 55HP Kioti.

PHD1.JPGCPHD2.JPG

Indeed I see the short drills will be an issue.

Milkman do you know the model number for that PHD and
is that bit a 40" or 48" ?

Thank you Fallon.

Ted try's really hard, that is for sure, but in this case I wish more R&D had been done,
and, a video before final design and paint concerns me. I am sure there is a way to
make a 48" bit work. Guessing on how to do it w/o CAD design is just that, guessing.
Also the 1000 mile shipping deal is a big roadblock. It is always an extra.

I believe the biggest complaint on a 48" bit is the bit dragging in transport mode.
There is an easy fix I do believe, that being a tether or a way to pin it at an angle for transport
even if that means the PTO shaft has to be extended or disconnected. Not complaining or
chastising mind you. ETA is awesome, for East coast folk.