BX25 Thumb Install

/ BX25 Thumb Install #1  

Tractor Seabee

Elite Member
Port Orchard WA Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
Tractor
Kubota BX25
I have a new Kubota brand BH thumb I bought on CL cheap. Does anyone out there in TBN Land have the instructions for installing these? Has anyone installed hydraulics to one? Pictures will help a lot. Thanks in advance, Ron

/ BX25 Thumb Install #2  
I have a new Kubota brand BH thumb I bought on CL cheap. Does anyone out there in TBN Land have the instructions for installing these? Has anyone installed hydraulics to one? Pictures will help a lot. Thanks in advance, Ron

I guess you decided not to buy mine for $300 that is still for sale.:D
If it's Kubota OEM thumb for the BX25 you'll know how to install it when you get it. You remove a pin from the tractor and while your helper holds it in position you put the pin back in. Easy peasy and it will only fit one way which you'll know when you look at it and how the thumb has to lift up and out of the way until you want it down to grab something. A handy attachment for a BH. If you like it so much you think you need two, let me know because I still have a new one for sale off a BX25 for $300 sale or trade.

/ BX25 Thumb Install
I guess you decided not to buy mine for $300 that is still for sale.:D
If it's Kubota OEM thumb for the BX25 you'll know how to install it when you get it. You remove a pin from the tractor and while your helper holds it in position you put the pin back in. Easy peasy and it will only fit one way which you'll know when you look at it and how the thumb has to lift up and out of the way until you want it down to grab something. A handy attachment for a BH. If you like it so much you think you need two, let me know because I still have a new one for sale off a BX25 for $300 sale or trade.

Thanks John, I bought this one for $175. Guy said it did not come with instructions?? I am baffled as there is no pin long enough to mount it on. Was there one that originally came with it. Only pin with it is the one that holds the thumb open for regular digging. Can you send me a picture arranged so it is in the installing posistion?

Ron

/ BX25 Thumb Install #4  
Thanks John, I bought this one for $175. Guy said it did not come with instructions?? I am baffled as there is no pin long enough to mount it on. Was there one that originally came with it. Only pin with it is the one that holds the thumb open for regular digging. Can you send me a picture arranged so it is in the installing posistion?

Ron

I don't have the BX25 anymore so I may be a bit fuzzy about the position but look at pics online of BHs with thumbs. When I removed it there was one pin which I drove out, thumb released and I put the pin back on tractor BH. Dealer installed it originally. If I still had the tractor with thumb I'd be glad ot send pics. Sorry.
I had a buyer for mine but he doesn't have a BX25 and he was told mine wouldn't fit his machine. The BX25 one must be specific to a BX25 so is yours off of a BX25?

/ BX25 Thumb Install #5  
to bad it will not fit an L45 I would be interested

/ BX25 Thumb Install #7  
It will if you know how to weld it on!!!!!!:D:D:laughing::laughing:

with my welding it would probably move easy just the way it is supposed too. :laughing:

/ BX25 Thumb Install
I don't have the BX25 anymore so I may be a bit fuzzy about the position but look at pics online of BHs with thumbs. When I removed it there was one pin which I drove out, thumb released and I put the pin back on tractor BH. Dealer installed it originally. If I still had the tractor with thumb I'd be glad ot send pics. Sorry.
I had a buyer for mine but he doesn't have a BX25 and he was told mine wouldn't fit his machine. The BX25 one must be specific to a BX25 so is yours off of a BX25?

John, it is for the older BX25s. The one w/o the pin connection point welded higher up on the stick.

Ron

/ BX25 Thumb Install #9  
John, it is for the older BX25s. The one w/o the pin connection point welded higher up on the stick.

Ron

Does your tractor have the built in "thing" on the arm/stick? I have pics somewhere of my thumb but I'll take more if I can't find them. I think I posted them here on TBN for someone if I can remember or find the thread.

/ BX25 Thumb Install
Does your tractor have the built in "thing" on the arm/stick? I have pics somewhere of my thumb but I'll take more if I can't find them. I think I posted them here on TBN for someone if I can remember or find the thread.

No, it has a clamping arrangement of a plate and 4 bolts that are integral with the thumb base. The "built in thing" for attachment by pin and a long black arm was a later revision.

Ron