BX25 vs BX25D FEL?

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #11  
I was at my dealer yesterday. I ordered the QA, fork frame and forks for my bx2350. I also ordered an underside guard from BXpanded. I'm getting ready for spring projects. I still need to get a brush cutter before too long. The snow isn't all gone yet so there is time.
the entire set up is more like $1200 for the fork package. Should be here in a little over a week.

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #12  
Earlier in the year at the Kubota Exbo my dealer spoke with and Engineer that told him the only difference is the wall thickness of the round cross tube. The wall had to be thicker because of twisting and uneven weight the fork systems will see. Had no reason to do with the QA. Believe me I understand a little about production assembly. Companies want to keep part sharing at a maximum. In other words they do not want to change anything as far as parts and changes to parts. Keep it as common as possible with very little change for as many years as they can. Saves millions of dollars. So if its just a wall thickness of a tube its easy. Nothing about building that FEL is different that last years other than a hotter weld for a thicker tube.

Chris

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL?
Earlier in the year at the Kubota Exbo my dealer spoke with and Engineer that told him the only difference is the wall thickness of the round cross tube. The wall had to be thicker because of twisting and uneven weight the fork systems will see. Had no reason to do with the QA. Believe me I understand a little about production assembly. Companies want to keep part sharing at a maximum. In other words they do not want to change anything as far as parts and changes to parts. Keep it as common as possible with very little change for as many years as they can. Saves millions of dollars. So if its just a wall thickness of a tube its easy. Nothing about building that FEL is different that last years other than a hotter weld for a thicker tube.

Chris

I fully agree Chris. Do you think that Kubota went from a schedule 40 to a schedule 80. I would think they would get standard available pipe sizes. The OD on the round cross tube is the same on the new BX25D FEL and my BX24 FEL.

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #14  
Couldnt tell ya what the size it is but Im sure it was a good increase. The Kubota engineers are good at making things last. Really shows in the resale value of the products.
Lets say a FEL is trying to lift its full load amount and it shifts to one side for one fork to carry. The amount of twist put on the FEL would be huge.

Chris

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #15  
Sorry to butt into your conversation being a Newbie and all but I was surprised to see you guys talking about the FEL on the BX25 and the new D, I just received a QA for the BX25D and installed it on my BX25, all seemed to fit OK except I had to install a 3/4 inch washer on the outer edge of the lower pins, I found the QA buss was a bit wider than the original bucket, other than that it seems to work OK and I am going to make my own forks and front snow Blade, after looking at the pics 4shorts posted I won't be posting any of my handiwork, what I make is good for workin not looking. Thanks for your time, Newboss2

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL?
Newboss2,

This is the problem I ran into with the attachment issues. Sounds very similar to yours.

Gap between my FEL arms and the new QA.

I filled the gaps with bronze thrush washers. Mainly to keep grease from leaking out.

I used two different thickness on the arm pins. The center pin was close enough so I did not use anything.

Your BX is a new BX25D? Strange that there is a common fitting issue.

I am looking for a blade right now. I just need to weld up the forks. :D

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #17  
Sorry to butt into your conversation being a Newbie and all but I was surprised to see you guys talking about the FEL on the BX25 and the new D, I just received a QA for the BX25D and installed it on my BX25, all seemed to fit OK except I had to install a 3/4 inch washer on the outer edge of the lower pins, I found the QA buss was a bit wider than the original bucket, other than that it seems to work OK and I am going to make my own forks and front snow Blade, after looking at the pics 4shorts posted I won't be posting any of my handiwork, what I make is good for workin not looking. Thanks for your time, Newboss2

You just cant tease us with ideas of implement and not show it off. Even if its not pretty its the idea/salution that counts. Please post with pics.
Chris

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #18  
I just installed the QA on my brand new BX25D and saw the same issue with the spacing where it attaches to the tractor arms! My question is do any of you guys have an issue connecting the bucket to the quick attach plate?...I had to really fight the bucket to get it on...I would have thought that any attachment would go on very smoothly then just put the pins in...not here...very difficult... not very "quick"

/ BX25 vs BX25D FEL? #20  
Well -- I dont have the QA on my BX but I can tell you that the plane of the bucket and rear tires should be the same for easier hookup. The same is true for hooking up FEL and BH back to BX. I swap out the front bucket for my plow without the QA and I can tell you it really does make a difference with angles of attachment and rear tire plane. I would imagine the QA would be quicker for me if I had one. I try not to move attachement around by hand, Only use my hydrualics to lift/lower/push/pull to line up pins. it only takes a small bump/movement to hookup.