BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #11  
Personally, I'd keep the BX25 and avoid taking a bath on the sale or trade. Just get the mower deck and keep on riding. I'm sure as time progresses, you'll find some jobs for the loader and/or backhoe and you'll be glad you have them.

I'm with you!!:thumbsup:

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #12  
keyman1808 said:
I agree the price seems high but he may in Canada where they seem to get porked by kubota

Actually it's getting "porked" by the government that imposed taxes/duty/tariffs/surcharges etc etc.

We do like getting screwed and we say thank you after the fact

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #13  
I can't seem to justify keeping the $23k machine to just push snow and mow the lawn.
Costs:The BX25 cost me $23K (tax inc prices).
Add a deck: $2800
Snow Blower:$4500
Turf Tires: $500 (guessing)
1*Total:~ $31000
2* GR2020 $13400
Questions:
3* The GR2120 (diesel) is $14400 more .
4*If I could sell the Backhoe and Loader they are worth $10,000 new $8000 used .
5* any value in having a BX25 without them?
6* Now that the heavy digging and lifting is done isn't a $31K lawn mower/snow blower overkill?
Don't get me wrong I love my BX but perhaps it's time to be responsible, can the GR do the gardening and light topsoil tree planting work I'll need it to?

1*I only gave $31100. for every thing you see here.
Plus there is a 48 mower deck included that you can't see in the pictures .
2*&3*Make this at least $17400 to $18500 do to the fact you have to add the loss on the BX25 as a cost the of theGR2020 or The GR2120 .
4* The BH has little or no value because the only tractor it fits is a BX25 and they all come standard with a BH. Anyone that has a BX25 already has a BH because it came with one. It would really be a hard sell to ever get rid of it.
5*None that I can see .Also if you sell the loader then want to sell the tractor later you could be in a hard spot to get rid or the tractor because of it not having a loader.
6*So is taking a large loss on the BX 25 to go A Garden tractor.
7*A loss will be taken. Let's say a 4000.00 loss.
8*That's figuring on the money you'll loose from the sale.
9*The BX has everything you need and more.
10*My BX24 is paid for and all the heaving lifting is done but I decided to keep it because there is always something that needs doing.
7*What ever he loses on the BX25 increases the price/cost on the new tractor .
8*Losses like this always increses the cost of the new purchase by the same amount as the loss.
9*His best bet is to stick with what he has .
You never come out ahead when you take a loss.
10*The OP would be better off to do the same.
With out taking any loss.
11*You may sell the loader but the backhoe is an orphan.
12*It will not fit anything else but another BX25 and every BX25 comes with a backhoe.
11*Yep practically worthless.
12*The only chance to sell it is if you were lucky enough to find a BX25 owner with a destroyed BH.
Might win the lottery instead. :laughing:

I have both a BX24 and a GR212
13*Your BX price raised my eyebrows as I paid $14,995.00 (before tax) for my BX new
13*I paid $15500 for this new.

14*Unless you have a really small lawn, I'd keep the BX. Knowing how it is around my house, something always comes up that you will need it for in the future.
15*I think by the time you trade into a different machine, you won't really be money ahead.
16*A BX isn't as good a mower as high dollar zero turn mower, but it does a pretty good job .
14*Good sound advice.
15*Probably would loose money instead .
16*But it's a lot more machine than the garden tractors he's checking into .

17*Stripping the BX is pointless as you wont get much for the attachments
18*If you no longer feel you need the BX, sell it outright and go back with cash to by the GR.
19*Personally I'd just park the attachments out back and add the blower and deck. You never know when youll need the hoe or loader
17*that and a stripped BX wii bring less and be harder sell later on down the road.
18*And still loose a bunch of money and have to much money in the replacement tractor.
19*Good advice.

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #14  
His price of $23,000 was with tax so it would have been about $20,000 before taxes. Here in Nova Scotia a new is advertised for around $18,000 cash, but if financed price is a little higher. Shipping to NFLD would add to the dealers cost, so price may not be as much different as one may first think. However, this doesn't answer his question.

Kubota did have some problems in the past with the GR series and I am not sure how the newer models are working out. Perhaps others with experience with them could give more help. As someone else suggested, perhaps another BX without the backhoe would be a better idea if you decide to sell the BX25. Once you have had a loader I think you would miss not having one.

Hes still high, even in NFLD.

NFLD Kubota is NOTORIOUSLY high in their pricing. I got family on the rock and they buy from NS because the price difference is so much. Eastern will take it to NFLD for basically nothing if its a large purchase like a tractor and they have room on a load. BX's are small and they can be squeezed in.

On the GR, There was an issue with the hydros being down on power. As in not even having enough to climb a small slope.

I think its been fixed, but id be weary until i was sure.

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #15  
I purchased a 2010 BX25 to do my heavy lifting work on a new property, it now has 300 hrs on it. Now that I have a paved driveway and grass on the lawn I can't seem to justify keeping the $23k machine to just push snow and mow the lawn. If I look at this for just the ca$h it's clear so if you can give me some ideas or perhaps something I've not thought about that would be great.

I was doing odd jobs with the BX25 and did enjoy that but it did keep me away from my own projects and family, but seeing the joy it brings to ppl when the job is done is nice too.

I was thinking to replace the BX25 I'd have to get something with 4WD cause I have a steep driveway for blowing snow and a hill on my lawn. As for horses I think that will be dictated by the 4WD feature.

Costs:
The BX25 cost me $23K (tax inc prices).
Add a deck: $2800
Snow Blower:$4500
Turf Tires: $500 (guessing)
Total:~ $31000

GR2020 $10400
Deck: Included
Snow Blower: $3000
Total: $13400

Questions:
* The GR2120 (diesel) is $1100 more - is it worth it?
* If I could sell the Loader and Backhoe they are worth $10,000 new $8000 used - any value in having a BX25 without them?
* Now that the heavy digging and lifting is done isn't a $31K lawn mower/snow blower overkill?
* Does anyone have any experience with the GR2120, or 2020?
* Has anyone ever been faced with the same "down size" dilemma?
* What do you think my 300 hr BX25 could be sold for? Traded?
* When is the best time to buy/sell?
* Which would have a higher maintenance cost?

Don't get me wrong I love my BX but perhaps it's time to be responsible, can the GR do the gardening and light topsoil tree planting work I'll need it to? Neither option above includes a cab, that might be nice some day?

If anyone has ever been faced with this please help a fellow "TractorByNet'er" out.

P.S: Sorry for the long post!

Troubled...
Hi Getaloadofthat. May suggest ur on the wrong track in considering ssssssselling ur beloved BX25 . I think u enjoy this machine ! Keep enjoying it as BX25.s r so versatile,and with additions can be made to do most jobs on small to massive ranches! Hang the expense , we r one eyed tractor enthusiasts , passionate diesel men . Half of America was built by BX25.s ! Urs was same price as my BX25 in Australia . As a matter of interest i paid $ 25,000 Australian on Dec 7 2011. Price included del and 3pt linkage. This was a good buy and on special . One Australian dollar = $1.04 approx U.S. .BX25's r first class legends . keep on enjoying it i reckon as u may miss it if u sold . Listen only to ur heart when it comes to ur tractor . Hope this helps with ur decision. cheers all tractor owners.

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #16  
Looking at the jobs list you have I'd be keeping the BX! the thought of having a dedicated mower unit is not a bad idea although the BX is highly capible.

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120
your prices are way high for the BX.. even for here in canada. EDIT: Looked at the flyer. NFLD kubota is out to lunch. Call Eastern Turf.

Deck should be only about 2200 +-

Blower is only around 2k as well

turfs are around 125, so your price there is ok

Stripping the BX is pointless. You wont get much for the attachments

If you no longer feel you need the BX, sell it outright and go back with cash to by the GR.

Personally id just park the attachments out back and add the blower and deck. You never know when youll need the hoe or loader
Think I will give Eastern a call. As for the BX25 as a mower I see you've had some posts about it, can you tell me what your final thoughts are on the BX25 as a lawn mower? I have about 12000 sqft of lawn.

Thanks again

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #18  
Thoughts on the mower?

1. It doesnt mow as good as my old Deere x540. Ive seen pictures of the job the BX can do, but i cant get mine there yet. Next summer im taking off the mulch kit and going to do some experimenting to try and improve the cut.

2. its a well build unit. Nice heavy metal.

3. the BX has a ton of power for mowing, and even in way too tall grass it never bogs down.

4. the BX is heavy. It leaves tracks of crushed grass when i mow. This may be because of the weight, or perhaps because the deck isnt right just yet.... i dont know.

Thats about it off the top of my head.

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #19  
I cant complain about the cut If you like the grass tall then yes it will leave tracks but if you like it a med to lower lenth it works great. I like the cut even at longer lenths and i dont get the tracks when using the PTO bagger. I guess the extra suction helps. I actually sold off my dedicated mower for the BX. Right now my loader and BH sit out back most of the time. Usually the mower or blower are on. I dont know how the blower on the other units are but the BX blower does a fantastic job

/ BX25 vs GR2020, GR2120 #20  
In the couple of times I used it in the fall, my new Gr2120 left obvious tracks in the grass. Much more so than the Deere 425 I got rid of.

The tire widths (GR and Deere) are about the same. I chalk it up to the extra weight of the GR's front drive hardware. It's the front tires that are leaving the tracks.

Still waiting for spring - and dry grass - to see how it performs.

Z.