BX25 weak hydraulics after removing BH

/ BX25 weak hydraulics after removing BH #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Removed the backhoe on the BX25 for the first time today. Pretty straight forward and easy.

Now it seems that my curl and lift on the loader is weaker than it was when the BH was attached. This isnt a counterweight thing i dont think. I have the BB installed.

There also appears to be more hydraulic whine and theres a squeal when the cylinders are at their stops.

Before i could lift the front end of the tractor with the curl quite easy, now i barely can lift it.

Anything i should check? or is it all in my mind?

The loop for the BH hydraulic is hooked up proper. It was the first thing i checked. No leaks as far a i can see either.

/ BX25 weak hydraulics after removing BH #2  
The loop for the BH hydraulic is hooked up proper. It was the first thing i checked. No leaks as far a i can see either.

It does sound like you have the classical unseated hyd QAs, which sends
your implement pump circuit into relief. Since you checked that, you
might also check to see that since dropping the hoe and starting to
use the 3PH, your position control lever is not all the way up. On some
tractors, that also puts your hydraulics into relief. You won't notice it
if the hoe loop bypasses the 3PH.

If that is not it, take a closer look at the QAs.

/ BX25 weak hydraulics after removing BH
It does sound like you have the classical unseated hyd QAs, which sends
your implement pump circuit into relief. Since you checked that, you
might also check to see that since dropping the hoe and starting to
use the 3PH, your position control lever is not all the way up. On some
tractors, that also puts your hydraulics into relief. You won't notice it
if the hoe loop bypasses the 3PH.

If that is not it, take a closer look at the QAs.

Position control lever spring returns to neutral. Seems to be fine. Adjusting the PC lever seems to have no effect on hydraulic strength.

Im starting to question the female QC for the PB return. The stopper tit isnt centering itself when disconnected, its sitting cockeyed in its bore. The male plug closes in the proper manner when disconnected. I suspect the female stopper tit is probably blocking 25% of the hole when connected to the male. Obviously i cant verify this, but when i disconnect the female, thats how it appears. The spring in the female has tension, ive tested it with a screwdriver, jiggling the tit with the screwdriver will cause it to centre eventually.

Curious as to why it never showed itself when hooked to the BH? Perhaps (likely) this is the first time the BH has been disconnected. I wonder if it'll go away if i re-hook the BH. If its the QC its definitely a warranty thing, not a biggie, but my dealer is 100 mi away. There is a dealer closer, 45mi. Would the closer dealer give me a QC under warranty without looking at the tractor? hmm. Anyone have experience in how Kubota handles stuff like this?

Im going to have to hook up the BH before monday as i have a roll off dumpster coming. The BH and thumb was to play a major role in the loading of the dumpster. Never fails:mad:

Tom: Hyd fluid appears full, actually a bit above full.

Is anybody else able to lift the front of the tractor using curl only?

Anybody have a xref for the kubota QC? Should be standard parker couplers? But given how some companies interpret the "standard" can mean the difference between a good connection and a poor one. These couplers have no manufacturer indicated other than "Made in the USA" and some other cryptic marks

Male H2-63
Female H2-62

For the $20 ill just change the set if i can get a match locally.

Last edited:
   / BX25 weak hydraulics after removing BH #6  
If both the hose and fittings are S.A.E. You can obtain them at any good equipment reseller like TSC if you have a TSC up north or a hydraulic supply outlet on the internet if desired, this way you can find aeroquip or parker fittings/dealers quickly.

ANY hydraulic repair shop should stock these as an inventory item so the local repair shops will have them or can get them quickly or you can purchas them from an internet retailer

If you have the room on the mounting plates you should install them in male female pairing so that you have the room to properly attach the connections.

Just be sure to have the color coded plastic caps and plugs for the 4 lines to avoid mix ups.

Please use liquid thread sealer as the tape can and will break the fittings or allow leakage from compression.

Pretty sure its a bad QC.

The PB QC is exposed to the environment more than the BH QC's. and seems to have rust in the locking balls.

I swapped both the PB Female QC and the male with 2 that were better looking from the BH and the problem went away.

due to the fact that i have a dumpster coming early tomorrow for one day only i lubricated and re-installed the PB QC's in place of the removed ones on the BH. So far all appears to be well.

Ill call my dealer monday and see what they intend to do but i should be OK at least for the time being. Ill refrain from removing the BH until i have a replacement QC set for the original PB ones. Thanks for the help.

How much foam is typical on a BX?

Ran it for about 30 mins using the BH. Lots of power. Maybe a little more whine than usual (hard to say).

Checked the oil level was OK. Oil was slightly warm, not hot. but there was about 1" of foam in the fill hole but the oil on the dip stick was foam free.

Is it normal to have that amount of foam in a BX?

/ BX25 weak hydraulics after removing BH #9  
Hi all
I having the same problem with bx-24 with 191 hrs.and has alot of foam but not on the stick. Changed fluid, filter, and clean screen and no leaks at all. Took pump apart look for dirt and no were on anything, went over to talk with the dealers mech he didn't no were the pump was on the tractor oboy. So call a dealer about 90mi from me cant look at it for a month from now..

so any help would be nice, tractor useless to me now...

Thanks
Woody

Hi all
I having the same problem with bx-24 with 191 hrs.and has alot of foam but not on the stick. Changed fluid, filter, and clean screen and no leaks at all. Took pump apart look for dirt and no were on anything, went over to talk with the dealers mech he didn't no were the pump was on the tractor oboy. So call a dealer about 90mi from me cant look at it for a month from now..

so any help would be nice, tractor useless to me now...

Thanks
Woody

Any power issues?

The foaming issue seems to be common to the BX. At least 1" or so of foam.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/211344-bx-tranny-whine-2.html#post2429419