BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #111  
As you can tell Paul we all very much like the work you do and improvements that you make. All I can say is thanks for posting your ideas and letting us follow along. Keep up the good work and thank you again.

Chris

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
As you can tell Paul we all very much like the work you do and improvements that you make. All I can say is thanks for posting your ideas and letting us follow along. Keep up the good work and thank you again.

Chris

Well thank you Chris. I really appreciate that and I'm truly glad your enjoying the stuff I'm posting. Thanks for commenting.You made my day :thumbsup:

Well I tried to get this other mod done last evening but about two hours from its completion I decided to add to it and went home at 11pm. Went back out to the shop at 8am and started in again. All the fabrication is completed and I'm just waiting for the paint to dry.
This one took a little thinking and tinkering to make it work. The tolerances on these BX's are tight and there's not a lot of wiggle room to do some custom things BUT I did it and will post the new mod in a couple of hours :thumbsup:

OK. After 16 hours I got this mod completed. Well almost. The only thing to do is run the harness but I'm going to do the wiring when everything is installed.

I'm calling this mod Ditch Lights

Now this is not going to be everyone's taste and I understand that but I wanted to do something a little different with the BX yet not to different than the Grand L. The guys that know me on here know I got a thing for LED lighting. Hey some guys like guns, women,fast cars.... my thing is LED lights

I started out with some 5 X 1/8th flat bar and went from there. All I knew is I wanted to use that empty space just by the front wheels. I got a set of Rigid flush mounts that burn 5 amps for two lights which isn't to bad at all. The quality of Rigid is fantastic. It came with it's own switch, harness and stainless hardware. Well the BX is a toughie to adapt things to the front wheel area. The wheels turn sharp and I had to take into consideration the front wheel pivot and the amount of travel it has. then I had to get the angles right to shine towards the front yet off to the side and although I got it right it didn't leave me with much extra space in the light housing but an 8th is as good as a mile in this case. I also built in access to the lights by putting a removable bottom in the housing which was great for installing it all.
After the housings were done I found some left over 1X2 channel so I decided to use that as a bumper. I think the rest of the photo's will tell the story. I did fire up the lights in the shop and man their crazy bright. Way ahead of what's on the machine. They shine to each corner of the bucket and off to the sides and that's just the way I wanted them.

Here's more photo's. Sorry there are so many but we all like looking at photo's. Hope you enjoy seeing them. Now on to the next mod. ;)

Rigid1_zpsbbfa9017.jpg

rigid2_zps7c01e087.jpg

rigid3_zps478b8860.jpg

rigid4_zps90176fb9.jpg

rigid5_zpsa370c1a8.jpg

This is the material I started out with.

dit1_zps6d3587c4.jpg

This is the area I'm working in.

dit2_zps07dc0ba1.jpg

dit3_zps935de95e.jpg

More photo's

dit4_zpse7e6fa10.jpg

dit5_zpsf5aeff61.jpg

dit6_zps833f8361.jpg

dit7_zpsa3a28ab3.jpg

Time to make some kind of bumper out of some left over channel.

dit8_zpsa6ff2c39.jpg

dit9_zps13b5d22b.jpg

dit10_zpsd35f6c92.jpg

dit12_zps40fe9e9e.jpg

After paint and installation this is what I have.

dit13_zpse038243f.jpg

dit15_zps13e0a011.jpg

dit16_zps2f715f26.jpg

dit17_zpse18a4b13.jpg

dit18_zps1ab695bb.jpg

I started out with this!

before_zpseea72292.jpg

I ended with this!

after_zps3fb3eb58.jpg

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #118  
You're just not right, Paul. :laughing: That looks freakin' fantastic! :thumbsup:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #119  
very nice ..... you always seem to think out of the box .. I can see myself making something like that or buy one lol. That is a nice mod to have more and better lighting.