BX25d mower deck question

/ BX25d mower deck question
Well, it's a done deal, a bit more negotiating and I now have a new BX25D on the way! Should be delivered next week. Some how I also ended up with a new Stihl backpack blower! . (Negotiation tactic, drop your price and I'll buy more stuff! ) thanks to all the great posts, hope to keep learning as time goes on.

New bx25d being delivered tomorrow ! Wooohooo !

Here it is!

image-3020581450.jpg

image-3397528710.jpg

image-138981744.jpg

image-2780117369.jpg

/ BX25d mower deck question #15  
Congrat's. I like all the changes they made to the 25D from my 25, though not enough to trade up. Looks like you live pretty deep in the woods based on that first pic. Any plans to get the mechanical thumb? I think adding the bro tek thumb was my first add-on after getting mine two years ago. Good luck with it.

Congrat's. I like all the changes they made to the 25D from my 25, though not enough to trade up. Looks like you live pretty deep in the woods based on that first pic. Any plans to get the mechanical thumb? I think adding the bro tek thumb was my first add-on after getting mine two years ago. Good luck with it.

The thumb was part of the deal, however it's on back order. The dealer said that they will come out and install it when it's in.

Last night I did a bit of gravel drive "grading" it was very cool, I can now see how you can spend hours "in the seat"

Did however have a bit of a strange experience. In front of the garage there is a lip of about 2" and about 8 feet in front of that there is an old cmu stem wall that sticks up from the ground about 2" (at one time there was a crazy addition that has since been removed, but the buried stuff has not yet been removed-that's what the BX is for ) so I decided to drive in reverse slowly and I was having trouble getting over these two obstructions. If I gun it i can go right over but at speed...however I was not able to slowly "crawl" over. What am I not doing right?

/ BX25d mower deck question #17  
Are you in Low range?

Brakes off, of course?

Are you in Low range?

Brakes off, of course?

Brakes off for sure, don't remember about the range, I think I was in high.

What should my setting or procedure be ? Sorry ...newbie .....

/ BX25d mower deck question #19  
Brakes off for sure, don't remember about the range, I think I was in high.

What should my setting or procedure be ? Sorry ...newbie .....

First off, don't think of the hydro pedal like a gas pedal in your car. It does make you go faster but it doesn't increase the engine power so actually mashing down on the pedal without adjusting the throttle makes it worse. Just make sure you are in low range and your throttle is above idle and you should be fine. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ BX25d mower deck question #20  
Agree with the other posts, you need to be in low range. I have about a 2" lip between the ramp and floor of my shed and the same as you, it won't go over the lip in high gear when going real slow. I just shift into low and it crawls right over it. If I'm lazy, I sometimes leave it in high, pull forward, then re-attempt entry with a little more speed and the inertia will take me over the lip. Oh, another alternative is to put it in 4WD and the front assist will push you over.