bx2660 and post hole digger

/ bx2660 and post hole digger
Tom
I understand completely what you are saying, and I too was a little quick to jump the gun. Sorry..I have searched many times about various implements and i guess I was looking to see if anybody was using various different sizes..I try not to post too often as most of the time I just surf and research the earlier articles..The phd was a big concern as it will let me decide on the bx or the b series..at that there was not too much info on it , I keep forgetting to check the signatures as they provide a lot of information.
Take care and I'll catch you :thumbsup:next post

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #13  
well im sorry that i have hit a sore spot, the only reason for the question was to see if there was any RECENT update that might have new information for me...and yes I have searched the archives many times. Sorry that you couldnt provide me with any support for my question, except to badger someone who wants to better themself

It would help if you had mentioned your search in the OP. You were given some sound advice and there was no need to come across like that. This is a pretty tight online community. Chill out a bit and join us in a spirit of friendship.

Pete

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #14  
I wanted a B, my wife wanted the BX.

So, with the BX2660 I have a 60" MMM, 5' box blade, and a Rhino C100 PHD.

I drilled another 30 holes today with the PHD... btw, mine is 12" diameter, 42" long. I have totally killed my tractor a few times when the PHD is at full depth, so I wouldn't suggest going much bigger than a 12" bit (depending on soil... I'm in east Texas gumbo clay).

I'm going out now to measure clearance... be right back...

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #15  
Just measured, and at full height (and highest adjustment with the horse shoe) the drill tip is 14" off the ground.

That is all I can tell you. Good luck! :cool:

Mantis
Thanks for the reply , just wondering how the bx handles the 5' box blade, thats what I have on the old 8n and was wondering if it would be useable on the bx..

Boondox
I apologized so what else can I do?

Thanks Tom

/ bx2660 and post hole digger #20  
Boondox
I apologized so what else can I do?

My bad. Must remember to clean the reading glasses and read page two before responding. :eek:

This is a timely thread. I'm currently downsizing from an L4630HST to a B3030 and the dealer offered to "misplace a PHD" meaning that I'll have one for a week free. With all the stones in my soil I'm thinking a smaller auger would make more sense for me, 6" max.

Pete