BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts

/ BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts
So the Kubota rep met with the service manager and they "looked" at my tractor. The reps assessment was that it appeared the motor mounts the dealer installed last year may not be the newest part available. It seems to me that possibly Kubota was having at least some issues with these motor mounts failing and redesigned the motor mount assembly. So the rep told the dealer to order the newest part number available (which is the same part number they ordered last year) and compare the assembly to the motor mounts that are currently installed.

I can only hope they are different and that the ones that were installed last year were just packaged wrong or something. If not, the dealer plans to replace them anyway. He said if it breaks again, then they are not sure what they are going to do. He did reassure me that they would not leave me hanging and that Kubota almost always does the right thing in these situations.

I am just grateful that my dealer and it's service manager have been easy to work with. ....

I will keep you all informed of what happens.

/ BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts #12  
Do tractors have lemon laws?

:confused:

/ BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts #13  
Stuff happens. My budddy just traded his 2-year-old BX-25 for a new Ditch Witch loader. With it's second time out, the loader cylinder popped on the Witch. The sales rep did mention that Ditch Witch was having problems with the cylinder when he delievered it. My buddy is now sorry he let his Kubota go.

/ BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts
I picked up my tractor from the dealer where it was getting new motor mounts installed again. The new mounts are different from the originals. They now have hard stops that minimizes how much the engine can "shake" inside the cradle. Essentially these hard stops are 1/4 plate steel about 4 inches tall that are welded perpendicular to the main engine plate. This allows about 1/4" (or less) of travel on each side of the engine between the chassis and the motor. I would like to add that these new mounts are NOT more robust than the originals. They look exactly the same as the originals with the exception of the hard stop. I and my dealer both agree that this should take care of the problem. If not, it will go back once more and they will help me through it again.

A word of advice for tractor newbies....TALK TO YOUR DEALER! Mine has been awesome in assisting me with all of my issues from day one.

One more thing.... "stuff happens" is not an acceptable response to someone that reaches out to others more qualified for assistance. Especially when the same failure has multiple occurrences.

Thanks again guys and girls for your feedback.

/ BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts #15  
I've just had this bracket failure on a BX24 (900+ hours). The symptom was a loose metal rattling/clanking noise. The front tab on the left hand engine support has fractured where it joins the engine support bracket), leaving the small fragment still bolted to the rubber cushion but no longer attached to the engine. It fractured near the weld but not at the weld. I was able to unbolt the fragment attached to the cushion.

Although the tractor still works, running on three engine mounts invites a second mount failure with worse symptoms. I doubt this is something I can fix as I assume it requires the engine to be pulled (or at least lifted).

This is the only thread I could find relating to this problem so it does not seem to be a common problem. I'm also wondering whether, if the engine has to be pulled, I should have the RH support replaced at the same time to guard against a similar failure. It appears to be a $46 part K2581-22110, superceded by K2581-2213.)

IMG_20171019_141124023.jpgIMG_20171019_141114742.jpgIMG_20171019_141211516.jpg

/ BX2660 Boken Engine Mounts #16  
Keep idle time to a minimum run at 2/3 throttle or higher and everything runs smoother.

David