BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #1  

Usta

Gold Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota BX2660
I see Kubota offers a 51" two stage rear mount snowblower with an optional hyd chute rotator. I would like a front mount blower but I like the idea of having the FEL and blower. How is the hyd rotator configured and controlled? Is it a useful option? I currently do not have any rear hydraulic lines. Is it its own lever or does it connect to the FEL lever? I could talk to my Kubota dealer but I figured (since they are closed this weekend) I would ask here.

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #2  
You would have to plumb it to one of your FEL circuits - curl or boom - or add a rear remote to operate the hydraulic chute control. Kubota does offer a dual rear remote kit for the BX (except BX25) that sells for about $320. Comes with all the hardware - valve, levers, pipes, female quick connects. It's a nice set up for the money and something like a hydraulic chute rotator is just the kind of application it's made for.

Here's a pic of mine

Attachments

• BX1860 Hydraulic Top Link 002.JPG
    BX1860 Hydraulic Top Link 002.JPG
    801.7 KB · Views: 1,207
   / BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #3  
I've looked at a snowblower for my 2660 as well. It seems to me that you use your bucket dump/curl control to operate the hydraulic chute rotator and then their is an electric chute deflector that runs off a switch. The FEL raise/lower control is used to raise and lower the blower and to offer float control during use.

Does this sound right?

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics
So it sounds like it would not be practical to have the snowblower and FEL on the tractor at the same time. Lower the snowblower and the bucket would be dragging. Plow or scrape with the bucket and the snowblower is dragging backwards.

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #5  
It would work fine if you added the rear hydraulic remotes that CHDinCT talked about. That would add two separate hydraulic remotes to your BX on the rear of the tractor controlled by two separate levers added to the empty slot on the right side of your seat.

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #6  
I guess I should clarify, the snowblower raises and lowers off of the 3 point hitch. Lowering the loader wouldn't affect the snowblowers height. The hydraulic for the snowblower only turns and tilts the chute.

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #7  
My mistake. For some reason I thought we were talking about the front mount blower.

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #8  
I'm not to sure either. First he mentioned a front mount, but then said he wanted to have the loader on. I'm assuming he wants a rear mount with the loader on.

/ BX2660 Snowblower Hydraulics #9  
You would have to plumb it to one of your FEL circuits - curl or boom - or add a rear remote to operate the hydraulic chute control. Kubota does offer a dual rear remote kit for the BX (except BX25) that sells for about $320. Comes with all the hardware - valve, levers, pipes, female quick connects. It's a nice set up for the money and something like a hydraulic chute rotator is just the kind of application it's made for.

Here's a pic of mine

CHD - by chance do you have a part number for the kit? It looks like a clean installation