Kubota BX25
Wallenstein BX42 chipper arrived so I want to share the action! :thumbsup:

Chips are flying and more yard projects are in process! :D

Attachments

• BX25-BX42 Chipper.jpg
    BX25-BX42 Chipper.jpg
    991.2 KB · Views: 2,075
   / BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #2  
Man I would love to have one of those. Congrats!

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #3  
Serious looking mochine...Thanks for sharing.

Don

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #4  
That's a lot of machine for that tractor, but it looks like it handles it without a problem.

I also have the BX42 and love it! Congrats on your purchase and the many projects you will find for it.

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #5  
Looks impressive, you must have moved fast to get the chips going and take picture at the same time. :)

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25!
The BX-42 Chipper is heavy duty which is needed when chipping heavy, tough trees. The BX25 may not have the HP to use the full capability of the chipper but running it a just below the max rpm it does a great job. I do place a 4x4 under the base to ensure the PTO shaft is kept horizontal. It is not a chipper/mulcher and I have found twigs and leaves can clog the output but it cleans out easy by removing one bolt after shutting down the tractor. The chipper pulls logs in and spits the chips out nicely!:thumbsup: I am very careful not to touch or snag myself on items going in as I do not want to be pulled in to the hopper! :D I find it gobble up trees up to 50 feet long so cutting them into shorter sections might be a good idea. I did have to trow a log in and quickly move over to get the picture! :laughing: Third try was a charm!

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #8  
The Chipper was the first thing I bought after I got the BX1860, the 18hp with 13hp PTO did fine but on thicker logs 3 and up did get challenged. So I upgraded to the BX2660 which does much better with the 19hp on PTO. However, hard wood logs 4 and up are still tough to get through and need to cut them in short lenghts.

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #9  
I have put ~150 hours on a BXM32 on my 2230, and the only issue has been the allen set screws on the shaft collars came loose periodically. It only came with one allen per collar, but as it's drilled for two I bought two more and added those and they have not come loose since.

/ BX42 Chipper on my BX25! #10  
I think you will be pretty happy with the BX42 chipper. If it is plugging on fine stuff, you probably need to adjust the clearance between the rotating, and fixed knifes. These chippers are often shipped with the clearance set too wide. The manual calls for around .032, or 1/32", and mine was closer to1/8". To adjust, tip up the feed chute, and secure it, and then you will see the adjustment bolts for the fixed knife. Leaving the feed chute up makes it easier to see what is going on too. Once I adjusted mine, it would even chop up weeds.