BY HST TO CHANGE OR NOT TO CHANGE

/ BY HST TO CHANGE OR NOT TO CHANGE #1  

Dave c.

I need to change the HST cooling fan on my bx2230. Does one gain access by removing the floor board or is there a way to wrestle the fan blade in from underneath? Is the splined coupling on the trans output shaft pressed on where you need a puller to remove it or does the fan fit over it? I don't know if this is a job that I want to take on myself or over pay someone at a dealer to do it. By the way is that fan really necessary or just needed in extrema condition? Any help would be appreciated.

/ BY HST TO CHANGE OR NOT TO CHANGE #2  
Did a quick search

Here's a step by step from Mccool

Default Re: BX2230 DriveShaft repair
I just wrapped this up and it wasn't that bad on the BX2230. It would have been easier (especially on the paint) if I had someone helping.

1. Remove the seat. (just one pin)

2. Remove the rear seat spring (only spring not attached to seat)

3. Remove the seat position switch (left side, same position as spring just removed)

4. Remove Batter Cover (I would probably remove battery next time).

5. Remove the rubber lever caps (I had to cut the long one a bit to get it off) and then the plastic lever guide on the right fender.

6. Remove the knobs located under seat

7. Remove the 2 vinyl screws (what was Kubota thinking here) that connect the sheet metal under the battery to the rest of the floorpan. Remove that piece of metal.

8. Remove all bolts holding the floorpan down.

9. Remove the bolts holding down the accelerator. Be careful not to lose the nuts on the other side.

10. Carefully remove the floorpan. You have to manuever it around the remaining foot controls.

11. Remove the parking brake assembly (this gives you more room to move the propeller shaft)

Depending on what you need to do... I had to replace the rear dust cover on the propeller shaft, so I had to remove more than what was needed for just the HST fan. It's pretty straight forward from here, but if you have to replace the rear dust cover, be careful not to lose a bearing!

All in all, it took about 2 hours and 3 Shiner Bocks! It might have been worth it for me if a service provider was nearby, but it is a 3 hour round trip from my house to the nearest place that works on these.

from this thread

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/108072-bx2230-driveshaft-repair-2.html