Price Check C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for?

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #1  

herdfan

Gold Member
Tractor
Century 3045, Ford 2000
I'm close to buying a new tractor and give my 1972 Ford 2000 some time off! I have researched pretty much everything available and have decided 1) to buy new since a good used tractor doesn't save much money and 2) to go with Century. I found a good dealer around 70 miles away who priced a 3045 with 50HL loader and Model 86 hoe along with loaded R4s for 23,800 delivered.

I have two questions:

First, is this a good price? These units are pretty hot items now, and this seems to be a reasonable deal to me. (This also includes the rebate)

Second, this dealer only has one 3045 left and can't get any more. He called the supplier today and expects the new 3647s to be delivered soon, but apparently there is a delay in fitting the FEL mounting brackets on this new model (I think he said this applied only to the heavier loader?) and the FEL would not be available until mid-March. I need to do loader work before then and am inclined to take the 3045 not only because of the timing issue, but also because this is a "tested" product line. Is this line of reasoning flawed or does anyone think the 3647 would be worth waiting for (I could work around the loader problem temporarily if needed)? According to the dealer, the main change in the new model is the engine (from 48HP Yanmar to 47HP Cummings). I think the wheelbase will be a little longer as well. Does anyone know of any other changes?

Thanks for your input and thanks TBN for this great resource!
Eric

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #2  
Herdfan,
Hate to hear you aren't going KIOTI /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
BUT, Have you thought about checking with a Branson dealer?
Same tractor.
Here's a link to a good honest No BS dealer

Try
Branson Tractors

KO

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #3  
HERDFAN,

Kioti or Century they are both great tractors! I sell both. The price you are being quoted is a very fair price, I sell that same setup for $150.00 more. Take them up on the offer and enjoy numerous years to come of trouble free tractor work.

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #4  
I think you would be hard pressed to find a 45 horsepower Branson right now. When I was looking at the Century/Branson to buy all the dealers of Branson in my area were out of the Branson 45 hp.
I to looked at the Kioti really hard. Really nice tractor but the $2000 difference in the DK45 convinced me to go with Century.
I went with the 3045 Century and am very happy with it. I did not get the backhoe, but do plan to in the future. This sounds like a pretty fair price to me.
What have you been quoted as how much more the 3647 is going to sell for? I too debated waiting or not. I think with the current rebate and unknown time frame on the 3647 I would go with the 3045.

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for?
I called another dealer close by and they had a 3045 with the smaller loader and the 7 1/2 ft hoe for around $800 less. They couldn't tell me if I could upgrade to the 50HL and larger hoe (They didn't even know that the 8 1/2 ft hoe was available). Also, they had no 3647s on hand and didn't know when or if they were going to get them in. Not the ideal dealer, huh? They sell ATV's also, which I think is their main source of business.

Anyway, I reserved the setup from the original posting. He has to order the bigger hoe and I also ordered 16" and 36" buckets and the filters for the first maintenance. He said it would be about a week to get it all together. Better yet, I'm putting down a pretty sizable down payment and my local bank is going to finance the balance for 3 years at prime (4%). They offered 3 years at a fixed 5.9%, but I figure any increases in the prime rate will take a while to get to the fixed rate unless the Fed goes nuts.

I'm glad I found this site when I did. This really helped me make an informed decision. Thanks to all - I'll post some pictures of the dirt flying (hopefully soon)!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #6  
Congrats,

Now for that LONG week waiting for your tractor.
You have to keep us informed on the performance of the backhoe!!!

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for?
Does Century have a hat? I forgot to ask about that.
Evasive1, I was told that the 3647 would be "close" to the same price as the 3045, but the exact amount is not known. Also, I'm not sure about rebates on the new model. I'm being given a $1000 rebate on mine.
Feels like Christmas in February /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #8  
I did not get a hat from Century, but my dealer gave me two real nice hats from his place!
Yea that "close" in price scared me!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Close to a dealer and close to us could be really different and almost always means more!

/ C 3045 pricing and is the 3647 worth waiting for? #9  
I just purchased a 3647 (the newest version with the Cummins Diesel). I was in the same boat, having to retire a very old MF135. After researching everything out there, I went with the Century. You can also get a Branson, it's the same tractor, both made by Kukje (they also make the John Deer for some parts of the world)
I live right by the La Porte Tx depot, where they bring them in and was able to speak with the factory rep at length. He highly recommended the new Cummins over the older Yanmar claiming it was smoother, quieter and bulletproof.
If it helps, I bought the tractor alone with no implements, for 13,500, and that included the Industrial tires.
It is heavier than most, and sort of stubbier, which makes it easier to get in and around the trees on my acreage when I clear brush. I also love the fuel tank being under the step rather that spilling it all over the hood.

anthony