Cab door storage or AC retrofit!

/ Cab door storage or AC retrofit! #1  

jabelding

Gold Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK35 2015 CS2410
Just picked up a cs2410 with the field cab and plan to mow with it this summer. Since it doesn't have AC I will probably plan to remove the doors and store them off the tractor for the summer. anyone have any good ideas for storage so I don't end up breaking them?
Also I have done many tractor or automotive modifications over the years and would love to retrofit AC if anyone has done something similar.

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_181619_02.jpg
    IMG_20230325_181619_02.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
   / Cab door storage or AC retrofit! #2  
I don't have any experience with them so take it for what it's worth but there are 12v package unit rooftop ac options out there now. All the off grid RVing crowd along with the tech for semi trucks to park without running their main engine have driven it. Might be worth exploring.

/ Cab door storage or AC retrofit! #3  
I just keep the doors stored on the cab. Less likely to break them that way.

/ Cab door storage or AC retrofit! #4  
If you have somewhere you can store them suspended by the hinge points, off the ground and out of harms way, just figure out a system to simulate the cab part of the door hinge. On most lift off systems, the pins stay with the door side. It could be as simple as drilling holes in a couple of pieces of 2X4, and mounting them to the wall of the tractor shed.

With regards to A/C: If you have the skill set to make the brackets, and mount the compressor, You should be able to buy any of the kit style hang on units, and run the hoses to/from the head unit and mount it on the cab roof. Amazon or eBay will have belts drive kits.

You can also get 12v mother driven compressors: Mount the compressors and condenser on the roof, and run the lines to the evaporator head, and your set. Search for -

Gouku 12 V Universal A/C Kit System,New Energy 100% Electric RV Truck Camper Van Automotive Under dash Air Conditioner 10000 BTU for truck, semi trucks, RV,Van ac​

/ Cab door storage or AC retrofit! #5  
On my ck2510 I pull the doors and the 2 side windows off, no ac option either. To be honest I really like it like that! So easy to jump in and out and the sun shade is nice lol.
I don't do anything special to store them other than out of the way out of the weather.

E.

/ Cab door storage or AC retrofit! #6  
I store my Curtis cab doors by hanging them from their hinges, inside a shipping container.
The doors are not very heavy so each ceiling attachment are just 3 screw in eyelets with a 1/4" dia. bolt and nuts. The door hinge easily slides over the end if the bolt.
The doors are out of the way with very little chance of being damaged and the floor space below can be used to store other items.

Doors..1.JPG
Doors..2.JPG
Doors..3.JPG

Attachments

• Doors..4.JPG
    Doors..4.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 32