Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #21  
I also use a I-Pad for spraying and planting using a external GPS Antennae Bluetooth to the Ipad with Field Navigator or Farm Tracks apps for guidance lines. Not good enough for precision planting but good enough for Spraying and Fertilizer.

I don稚 see either Field Navigators nor Farm Tracks available in Apple App Store. Are these I-pad IOS BASED OR android Apps? And what antenna do you use or would recommend as most accurate and fastest for the app?

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #22  
What antenna are you using? Is it a direct plug and play type system? I've been looking for something for spraying/mowing to decrease my inevitable overlap and save a few rounds.

I've been looking at getting a Raven CR7, but the system is expensive for my needs... although having future option for autosteer seems nice... I don't think it would ever realistically be worthwhile for me, unless I had a big $$$ change. But I would like to get a spray accuracy level, GPS if possible.

I’m all about saving where I can but spraying without gps in my opinion is a huge waste. Once you get going with it you’ll see how hard it is to ensure adequate coverage. I have to go around a lot of trees down here so that makes straight A B lines impossible to do. If your fields are open and square you could measure off your boom width on the ends of the field boundary’s and drive in a straight line and come out ok. As expensive as them chemicals are though I’m not about to be wasting them. I love my cr7 and while it’s expensive has made my life much easier when it’s time to get chemicals down.

Brett

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #23  
Well, I've got a $3 stick-on thermometer on my right mirror, a $5 stick on clock on the dash and a $10 cell phone holder on the right cab door handle.

Hi tech-ish, but definitely low dollar!:thumbsup:

He!!, I thought I was "high tech" when a welded on a mirror and got a new set of am/fm ear muffs :laughing:

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #24  
I'm going to jump in to GPS. At least going to try an 'inexpensive' version before I go with the CR7.

I purchased the DUAL XGPS160 and will be evaluating the eFarmer app, hopefully this weekend.

My biggest concern is accuracy. If I am missing or overspraying the same amount as I would be doing by just 'paying attention', then I'm not gaining anything. 1m is quite a bit of 'error' and so I am a little concerned. But, the next step is $2K for a Raven CR7 setup.

We will see how it goes this weekend. I have about 80ac to spray.

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #25  
I'm going to jump in to GPS. At least going to try an 'inexpensive' version before I go with the CR7.

I purchased the DUAL XGPS160 and will be evaluating the eFarmer app, hopefully this weekend.

My biggest concern is accuracy. If I am missing or overspraying the same amount as I would be doing by just 'paying attention', then I'm not gaining anything. 1m is quite a bit of 'error' and so I am a little concerned. But, the next step is $2K for a Raven CR7 setup.

We will see how it goes this weekend. I have about 80ac to spray.

Good deal. Spraying isn’t an exact act or science at our levels. You get into the 500-750k Deere sprayers and it’s a whole different world. I’m sure the iPad will work well for you and anything is better than nothing. Let us know how it works

Brett

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #26  
You guys are really hi-teching it up.

I am adding a used Pioneer Radio with some speakers just to add entertainment. It doesnt sound like I spend as much time in my cab as y'all do.

But while we are on the topic. While adding new headliner to my cab, I realized I need a couple of small recessed panels (please see pic).
The panels are 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" x 1"D. The keep the window latch from hitting the roof when the rear window is swung up and open.

Any ideas where to get these, or something like it?

Recessed Roof panel.jpg

/ Cab Electronics ie Tablet, GPS, Camera #27  
What antenna are you using? Is it a direct plug and play type system? I've been looking for something for spraying/mowing to decrease my inevitable overlap and save a few rounds.

I've been looking at getting a Raven CR7, but the system is expensive for my needs... although having future option for autosteer seems nice... I don't think it would ever realistically be worthwhile for me, unless I had a big $$$ change. But I would like to get a spray accuracy level, GPS if possible.

Its a Garmin Bluetooth Antennae and the apps are Android