Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style!

/ Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style! #1  

Rob41

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040
So I got this 6" suction cup fan to keep my backglass fog free while doing snow removal. I thought I'd give it a shot instead of wiring up a traditional fan that would also require making holes in my cab.

And it's brought to you by the good folks at HueLiv....just like grandpa had.....not, lol. I'll see if it's still arttached to the right side door glass tomorrow.

The suction pad is very sticky and almost stayed put as is. However it has a lever that locks to create a suction. It simply plugs into the cigarette lighter socket which is keyed to the ignition switch, so no concerns leaving it plugged in. I won't be worried about losing any residual voltage.

Inline about a foot from the plug is a small controller with a lit up rotary knob that turns the fan on and controls the speed. Where the fan is mounted puts the air directly where it needs to be on the back-glass. I suspect I will only need it set to 30-40% to do the job and it's a pretty quiet fan.

I'll do a follow up post after I've had it a while. Only $21.99 on Amazon.

*Just wanted to add, I'm 6'1" and as I have it directed I don't get any wind from the fan which for winter I like.

Attachments

• Fan 1.jpg
    Fan 1.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Fan 2.jpg
    Fan 2.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Fan 3.jpg
    Fan 3.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
   / Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style! #2  
I also use a couple of fans.
12 volt computer 'muffin' fans make a nice breeze at minimal current draw.
I even have one mounted an a magnet base so it can be positioned wherever needed.

My DIY cab has heat but no air conditioning so the fans also do double duty in the summer.

/ Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style!
That's a pretty neat idea too. Those muffin fans are very easy to work with.

I'll feel like it's pretty neat too if it stays put on the window :p

/ Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style! #6  
I have that exact same one from Amazon in the cab of my skidsteer (have a snow blower on it).

works excellently keeping the windows clean; very high air volume.

only weak point is the ring you use to tighten the fan onto the ball that's in the mount. Mine broke after the first winter, so I have it all taped snugly back together with electrical tape.

Edit: pics of my taped up fan. Have black electrical tape on the plastic nut that holds the fan to the mount. Have duct tape to hold it up since the broken plastic nut doesn't have any tension to hold the fan up anymore. Should work fine.

Attachments

• DFAFFF87-0E54-457A-B95F-944BF8F5EC35.jpeg
    DFAFFF87-0E54-457A-B95F-944BF8F5EC35.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
  • 4259436D-1AAE-47BB-9D34-1A8E37330D2B.jpeg
    4259436D-1AAE-47BB-9D34-1A8E37330D2B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
  • 6B8387F4-7FDA-4B06-BD38-3A695D1B7BD8.jpeg
    6B8387F4-7FDA-4B06-BD38-3A695D1B7BD8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
That's a bummer the lock ring broke. If the ring breaks on mine I'll super glue the ball joint into a fixed position.

/ Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style! #8  
I have similar setup as well. Does a good job on rear window. I run A/C almost all the time. That helps as well. Wish my NX had the rear defrost glass.

I have similar setup as well. Does a good job on rear window. I run A/C almost all the time. That helps as well. Wish my NX had the rear defrost glass.
I'm glad the suction cup is doing it's job, it was still on the window today even after going about a half mile back on the property. I used the AC today too and it seemed to work well.

My rear window wiper kit arrived today so I'll be installing that tomorrow. If I need to also do the defroster tape, I'll wait till next summer when it's warm. I haven't installed a heater in my barn/shop yet.

I just installed a block heater today so with the rear wiper, grooved tires and everything else I think I'm ready for winter.

Last edited:
   / Cab fan to keep fog away.....suction cup style! #10  
I'll feel like it's pretty neat too if it stays put on the window :p
Those suction cups with the lever seem to stay on quite well, at least the one for my GPS does.
That's a pretty neat idea too. Those muffin fans are very easy to work with.
A bit OT, but a few years ago my wife had a VW bug she wanted to restore (long story there). As you know, defrosting was non-existent in those. I rigged up a couple computer fans that were essentially a small squirrel-cage fan in the defrost tubes. Worked pretty well.