Buying Advice Cab or No Cab

/ Cab or No Cab #31  
There are some times when having a cab is a pain in the neck. If you are moving frequently and getting on and off, it's a pain. This is true when cleaning the barn, and going through gates.

However, when mowing, blowing, pasture dragging, the cab cannot be beat.

/ Cab or No Cab #32  
Actually the BX is my wife's tractor and I haven't been married 44 years by being stupid.:laughing:

I won't buy one, but she might. :laughing: Seriously, we have discussed it and we are leaning towards a B3030/3000 or maybe even a F3080 as our next machine.

Keep in mind, we are in our mid sixties and what is essential now wasn't a consideration years ago.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I would take the cabbed B over the F any day...:thumbsup:

/ Cab or No Cab #33  
Isn't this like asking a kid if he wants Liver or Ice cream. Every now and then you get the weird one who wants the liver (no cab), but for the most part they'll choose Ice Cream (with Cab). :D

Wedge

/ Cab or No Cab #34  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I would take the cabbed B over the F any day...:thumbsup:

Funny thing, when we went looking for our next to last tractor, I was looking at open station machines because of the $$$$, but she kept saying how nice a cab would be and actually picked the L5030 out. It had just come in and she homed in on it. I wouldn't even look at it and told her it was: 1 Too big. 2. Too expensive.

This was on a Sunday and when I called the following day to check prices on the Grand L's, she insisted I ask the price on the 5030. Well you know what happened and we even bought a M8540 a few months later.

When I talk to her about a cabbed B3030/3000, she says, but we would keep the BX too...:laughing:

/ Cab or No Cab #35  
your wife sounds like my mom.when i was buying the MX5100 HST 4x4 i wasnt getting the loader because i was being cheap.an my mom talked me into putting the loader on it anyway.an boy am i glad i did.we can move hay twice as fast now.

/ Cab or No Cab #36  
your wife sounds like my mom.when i was buying the MX5100 HST 4x4 i wasn't getting the loader because i was being cheap.an my mom talked me into putting the loader on it anyway.an boy am i glad i did.we can move hay twice as fast now.

Sounds like we know some smart women and the good sense to take their advice.:thumbsup:

/ Cab or No Cab #37  
Hi once again everyone,

Thanks to you guys that have answered my questions before. I got some great advice and thought I was ready to go on buying the tractor I wanted. HOWEVER I made the "mistake" of visiting the dealer this weekend and now I'm faced with a new problem.

Because of dealer location and reputation I have decided on a Kubota.

I thought a B3300SU would be good, quoted at $16800 with FEL.

Then I thought a B3200HSD due to the mid-PTO, quoted $17700 with FEL.

So I mosey on down to the dealership and see the B3000CAB and B3030HSDC. I sit in it, I'm immediately in love with comfort level, I start thinking "do i need a cab?".

B3000CAB quoted at $24500 with FEL, and B3030HSDC at $24100 with FEL. not sure if these are good prices or not..$7k difference from a 3200??

I live in MA and we get a fair amount of snow. I plan on installing a snow blower on the tractor as it will take over from my walk-behind. I also plan on brush cutting and clearing land, grading driveways, and keeping animals (goats, horses).

My dilemma would be whether to buy a B3200, and add an after market cab... or just pony up for the factory cabs on the B3000/B3030.

I guess the questions that I have are in an effort to convince me that this tractor is NOT a toy, but a workhorse that I will use for years to come. if I can convince myself of that... I dont have any problem spending the money :D

1) Are prices in the $24k range for the 3000/3030 tractors good?
2) Are after market cabs Curtis, Sims, comparable? when spec'd out don't they hit the $4000 range?
3) Those of you that bought open tractors and live in the colder climates, do you regret the lack of a cab?

Look forward to your opinions

Would you buy a car without AC or heating? If you drive around in the winter time without turning on the heating, buy a tractor without a cab.
Dress appropriately, have few drinks and enjoy the snow blowing in your face.

/ Cab or No Cab #38  
My free advice:

Buy the B3030 or B3000 with the factory cab and enjoy mowing / bush hogging all summer. Enjoy snowblowing all winter.

I play some good rock mucic while blowing snow in 18 inch storms, and love it. Its so comfortable in my tractor, I could do it in boxer shorts and a tank top.

Aftermarket cabs certainly have their place. The problem is that the cost is too close to the factory cabs, only they have no A/C and don't have the fit and finish of the factory cabs..... nor the resale value.

Pricing an aftermarket cab for my old B2400 is exactly what led to purchase my B3030 w/ factory cab. By the time you add the options ..... things like a heater, headliner, etc... you will be within a grand of the factory cab.

/ Cab or No Cab #39  
I've had my Case IH DX45 with a factor cab for 18 months now. When people ask me what I like about the tractor it's the CAB! No more snow in in the face, wet from the melting snow and freezing in the winter. In the summer the bugs and bees can't get you. If it's Rainibg you can still work and or play with the tractor. I say get the cab. I love mine. Mark

/ Cab or No Cab #40  
on my last pass before finishing i seen a dead tree limb laying at an angle so it looked rotted to me and thought i could push it and it would break using my brush guards in the front of the tractor, well the limb bent back and then few up over the front of the tractor slaped me in the face so hard it broke by nose and needed 7 stitches.
my wife wants to know why i didnt use my new cab tractor today and i wouldnt be banged up. but somehow i think its cheeper to loose some blood than to replace a broken window on a CAB. any way ive learned my lesson about tree limbs.

You're lucky you didn't lose any teeth!