cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant)

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
My panasonic stereo has been a real pain in the neck to say the least. Im all done with panasonic, i purchased a 5 disk dvd player that failed in less than 18 months! I wouldnt even care, but i paid $600. for this dealer installed, so called factory stereo. I was happy with the deal on the tractor, so i went with the panasonic. I use my machine to work snow, so having the weather band radio with digital outside thermomoter (thermomoter's never worked) as well as am/fm/cd seemed like a good idea. The factory speakers stink, the stereo itself has those touch pad buttons that badly jam if you dont push them dead center, just right. When any button jams, the stereo completly shuts down. Today the stereo wouldnt function at all, i had to remove it from the cradle, unplug it, replug it, and it worked, fun! Like i have time for this! My advise is dont but the panasonic.

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #2  
Sorry to hear your stereo was crap.Ive had good luck with pioneer myself over the years.[in my vehicles of course]Although the one i have now i bought in a stereo store,there are some cheap ones at wally world.Think they only play one to a time though.Im building a cab for my bx,was thinking two way radio to communicate with house,of course my cell phone,and mabey a scanner,to listen to road crews,police etc while moving snow.they have the weather station too.As far as music,that diesal is music to my ears:) I can invision myself blowing snow during a dark noreaster night.snowing 3 inches an hour ,howling winds ,while im in my new heated cab in a t-shirt,drinking my favorite beverage.sorry im wandering:D
Ever thought of putting that bota on your trailer,hauling it to a place that installs car stereos and get them to set you up with a good system?Just a thought
ALAN

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant)
That is my next move excavader, im going to have a nice stereo & speakers installed with xm, by a pro! I know this sounds crazy but i have to get a couple of years out of the existing stereo, even with the frustration, $600. is a good chunk of change, so i plan to get 2 years out of it one way or another! After that i will pull it out, run it through my rotary cutter or perhaps core aerate it, and have a new stereo installed!

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #4  
I have been thinking of getting this one at west marine

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/255008/377%20710%201433/0/TV's,%20Stereos,%20Weather%20Radios/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710%201433&Ne=0&Ntt=TV's,%20Stereos,%20Weather%20Radios&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=434&subdeptNum=10877&classNum=10877

using 2 of the speakers on the kubota and the other two on my boat. mounting it in a way I can move it from one to another

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #5  
chucko said:
I have been thinking of getting this one at west marine

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/255008/377%20710%201433/0/TV's,%20Stereos,%20Weather%20Radios/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710%201433&Ne=0&Ntt=TV's,%20Stereos,%20Weather%20Radios&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=434&subdeptNum=10877&classNum=10877

using 2 of the speakers on the kubota and the other two on my boat. mounting it in a way I can move it from one to another
CHUCKO,
Your link didnt work

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #6  
If you're handy swapping speakers is not too hard. I've never seen them but usually they are standard shape/ size. You can either bring one down to your local store or buy one from an on-line store. I would suggest local that has a setup so you can listen to it first. You don't need to spend a lot to get a good sounding speaker.

The stereo would bug me but once it's working I would forget about it but the speakers I would always hear and bother me. If he sold you the setreo I would also be asking the dealer to get the temperature working or see if you can get something out of him in exchange. I understand they are not a stereo dealer but they should help you out since they installed it.

At least you still have a cab when most don't.

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #7  
don't know why it did not work
copy it and pate it in you address bar

or go to west marine.com and look up West Marine: Home Page

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant) #8  
I've got an Alpine AM/FM/CD radio with alpine speakers in my M7040 and it sounds better than the radio in my truck.

/ cab stereo/endless frustration/ (long rant)
All good information gentlemen,thank you.