Cabin filter removal and replacement

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement #1  

Edistocat

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1455V
Any of y'all know how to remove the two cabin filters and screens in the cab above either side of the seat on a DK 55.

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement #2  
I hope somebody answers this for you; I suspect the same approach will work for the cabin filters on my DK45. I brush or vacuum off the dust/debris, but would rather remove them and do a better job of it...I don't want to break something by forcing it, though (the frequent outcome of my DIY efforts).

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement
Thanks for the reply. I took my knife and pried at the edges of the plastic covering the screen. It appears that the plastic border is bolted from the backside of the top of the cabin. I left I alone and did what you suggested by vacuuming the screen itself from the outside. Can't figure out why Kioti wouldn't use a snap in plastic grill rather than a bolted one.......

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement #4  
Thanks for the reply. I took my knife and pried at the edges of the plastic covering the screen. It appears that the plastic border is bolted from the backside of the top of the cabin. I left I alone and did what you suggested by vacuuming the screen itself from the outside. Can't figure out why Kioti wouldn't use a snap in plastic grill rather than a bolted one.......
A bit late, but I want to clean mine too. Reluctant to pry too hard. If it is bolted in from the back side, it's a seriously bad design. Did you ever figure out how to remove them?

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement #5  
A bit late, but I want to clean mine too. Reluctant to pry too hard. If it is bolted in from the back side, it's a seriously bad design. Did you ever figure out how to remove them?
Raise the roof and you will see the nuts on each end of the filters. They come off hard because they are painted. Filters run about $50.

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement #6  
raise the roof? as in the modern dance move of pumping your arms over your head? I've pulled down the roof liner to access the radio and speakers. Can you please describe what you mean by raise the roof? Went through my manual and can't find any reference to changing the filters. Great detail on removing the whole cabin, but not changing the air filters.

/ Cabin filter removal and replacement #7  
raise the roof? as in the modern dance move of pumping your arms over your head? I've pulled down the roof liner to access the radio and speakers. Can you please describe what you mean by raise the roof? Went through my manual and can't find any reference to changing the filters. Great detail on removing the whole cabin, but not changing the air filters.
So I climbed up there and started pulling bolts. Irritated I didn't find this in the manual. Next to the front work lights is a bolt by each light. Pull those and the rear is on hinges. On the side is a prop bar in clips that fits between the bolt hole in the roof and a hole next to the nut. Nice and simple. I ended up standing on the loader arms and I could reach everything. Filter are held with a single clamp to the outside that needs unbolted.

Attachments

• 20240425_182435.jpg
    20240425_182435.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240425_182429.jpg
    20240425_182429.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13