Camp Nothing

/ Camp Nothing #11  
Flight Surgeons... the ENEMY, at least in the Navy anyhow.

Camp nothinghill seems to be the equiv. of Massirah, Oman, codenamed Camp wearen'treallyherethisplacedoesn'texistandthereisn'tshiznittodo.

Be safe

/ Camp Nothing
Podunkadunk said:

All aviators lack "trust" in their flight surgeons, because we can "ground" them. Trust is built with time. Once they trust me, they come and see me. Aviation is like small town, word gets around.
Bob

/ Camp Nothing
Podunkadunk said:

I see your home is near Dothan! Mother Rucker! AKA Ft Rucker, home of Army Aviation. Nice area.
Bob

/ Camp Nothing #14  
I think Rucker is where our air evac choppers came from. I never understood that arrangement. Army Hueys coming down to Eglin AFB for air evac flights from our little ER. I think some of it was so that they could get more flight time. In any case, I liked it. We had a requirement that a doc accompany the patient on the flight. The staff docs were never interested so they always tagged us residents. For a resident it was a free ticket out of the hospital AND a chopper ride over the west Florida coast. All good!

/ Camp Nothing
N80 said:
The staff docs were never interested so they always tagged us residents. For a resident it was a free ticket out of the hospital AND a chopper ride over the west Florida coast. All good!

I understand completely ;) .
Bob

/ Camp Nothing #16  
If you want to ge away from it all... try Diego Garcia!

mark

/ Camp Nothing #17  
mjarrels said:
If you want to ge away from it all... try Diego Garcia!

mark

Been there, done that...got the t-shirt and the killer tan from being 7 degrees below the earth's "belt". It was our home base on my squadron's '97-98 deployment, basically where all the maintenance and support personnel were. I didn't spend more than a couple weeks at a time there, it was the Shangri-La compared to where we were flying our missions from. "Footprint" of the I.O., I'll never forget Dodge.

Never been anywhere else that had humidity like that...not southern Alabama, the P.I., Indonesia...nowhere...

/ Camp Nothing #18  
Doc_Bob said:
I see your home is near Dothan! Mother Rucker! AKA Ft Rucker, home of Army Aviation. Nice area.
Bob

Yeah, beautiful little piece of 'Bama.

I am in the flight pattern for Rucker. They are always buzzing the house in their "wop-wops". That's where the wife and I do our commissary shopping.

Didn't mean to stereotype all Flight Surgeons in one of my previous posts. We had good ones and bad ones. Some were on a power trip and would down you for the slightest stuff. Normally, we only saw him when we would go "high time"...Navy speak (don't know if Air Force/Army uses the same terminology or not) for flying too many hours in one 30 day period. For the P-3, it was 120 hours. We did that a lot. Had to go see the Doc when we did.

I would have never thought that you were an ole Flight Doc...that's awesome. "Meet" some interesting people with various backgrounds on this site.

Podunk