campbell hausfeld air chisel

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #11  
Egon, I think that oil will be just fine, but every one of those impact wrenches I know of recommends either 20W or 30W nondetergent motor oil. And while I can't say for sure, I think that's simply because the nondetergent motor oil is less likely to get past the oil seals and leak out. You won't have any problem as long as you keep some kind of oil in there, but they don't last long if it leaks out and you don't replace it.

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #12  
I've been through a number of impact wrenches. I'm cheap so I usually buy the TSC ones. They last about a year and die so the last one I bought was a IR 1/2 drive model. it's still going strong. I have an inline oiler on my air supply and I fill it with marvel Mystery Oil. Seems to work good. Just my preference. I don't want to get into a discussion about the pro's and con's about MMO. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Is that okay? BIRD

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #13  
Daryl, I guess you know that the Marvel Mystery Oil folks make Marvel Air Tool Oil specifically for the air tools, so that's what I used. However, I've known lots of folks to use the regular Marvel Mystery Oil and never heard of a problem with that. And I certainly do not have the technical knowledge to know just what the difference is or whether it's important or not, but my guess is that you'll never have a complaint with it.

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #14  
Bird:

I have seen the Marvel Air tool oil. It comes in a little can and I bought one. It also has a high price. It smells the same and looks the same. The MMO comes in gallons. Seems a lot cheaper to me.

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Little can )</font>

I only got it by the quart which is the only way I ever bought the regular Marvel Mystery Oil either. I guess that's pretty little compared to gallons. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( has a high price )</font>

I never looked at the price since I just got it off my brother's tool truck for nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( smells the same and looks the same )</font>

Now it's been a long time since I bought any of the regular Marvel Mystery Oil, but I remembered it (maybe bad memory?) as being red in color and the air tool oil is clear. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #16  
I bought a little can off the Snap-on truck. It's been some years back. Maybe it was clear. I'm old too and my memory is kinda foggy. I do remember that it wasn't cheap though.

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #17  
I've got one of those CH air chisels and I think it's junk. Not enough power compared to what I am used to. It was cheap and that's what I got.
Mike

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #18  
Yep, Mike, they're cheap and a bit low on power, but I could usually do what I needed to do with a cheap air chisel. Now of course, I'd rather have the IR132 because I'm familiar with them and worked on several of them. And you should be able to beat that $799.95 price shown by at least $100. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ campbell hausfeld air chisel #19  
Point taken Bird. What I bought it for was to knock steering cables out of steering tubes that were frozen due to use in salt water. We used a Snapon air chisel at work and I thought the CH would work also. It didn't.
Mike