Can’t get my 9n to start

/ Can’t get my 9n to start #1  

Buzzardstractors

Tractor
Kobota b6100d
I have a 9n. I can’t get it to start. I have a good 6volt battery. A new distributor, coil, condenser, cap and rotor. 8 ohm resistor between the switch and coil. It cranks fine it acts like it wants to start with starting fluid but it won’t take off. Compression is low in all cylinders but I think it should at least start weather it runs well or not. Any ideas

/ Can’t get my 9n to start
What is the compression at? You need at the minimum 70 psi to ignite the fuel.
Well theres a problem I think my highest cylinder is 65

/ Can’t get my 9n to start #4  
Squirt a once of oil in each spark plug hole and try again. It may raise compression enough to start

/ Can’t get my 9n to start
Did you do a dry then wet test when getting those results?
Those compression readings were dry. I went ahead and pulled the head there seems to be a lot of carbon buildup on the valves it also looks like the head gasket may be blown between cylinders. I’m going to clean it up and see what it looks like. I see no burnt valves.

/ Can’t get my 9n to start #7  
About 3 years ago, I pulled the head on my 8n front distributor. Cleaned the block and piston tops with ATF and a ScotchBrite pad, had the head tanked and honed. New gaskets, then torqued it all back to spec. It has run very well since, but there may be some other items that need attention, such as ignition timing and dwell angle. Tim Ponn at Grand Valley Tractor (sales@grandvalleytractor.com) makes a jig to set the timing and dwell accurately, made a huge difference with my tractor.

/ Can’t get my 9n to start #8  
Are you 100 % sure you have the firing order correct ? Remove the dist. cap, and check rotor cap rotation direction. Re-verify the spark plug wire installation on the dist. cap.

/ Can’t get my 9n to start #9  
8 ohm resistor between the switch and coil.
In addition to the ballast resistor? If so, this is probably your problem. An additional inline resistor to the coil is only needed when you have converted to 12v but retained the 6v coil.

1712316248617.png

/ Can’t get my 9n to start #10  
This wiring diagram will also show you the firing order:
1712318248087.png