Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched?

/ Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched?
Just an update here. I bought this leather stitching kit from Amazon which came with a nice curved needle for the repair. This kit worked great for this repair at only $13. I topped the stitching off with a little VLP glue. Not pretty but will do the job.

Amazon.com: Paxcoo 31 Pcs Leather Hand Sewing Craft Tools with Sewing Needles, Waxed Thread, Drilling Awl for Leather Canvas Sewing

20200225_072931.jpg

Last edited:
   / Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched? #33  
My CUT seat tore up past repair so I took it off and removed the cover.
Just so happened that I had a large piece of blue leather* so I cut and glue wrapped it like the original had been and then reinstalled the edge trim.
That was probably 7-8 years ago.
Got to say sitting on real leather is much more comfortable than cold plastic and so far has held up very well.

*my Mitsubishi has blue as part of the color scheme.
(I have a stash of leather as I make fireplace bellows as a hobby pastime and blue came in a batch)

/ Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched? #34  
Looks like the Zip tape advertises itself with writing on the exposed surface. Can you paint over the writing on Zip Tape?

/ Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched? #35  
I would imagine that if you put eye grommets in a seat cover, ..it could be stitched together with zip ties

/ Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched? #36  
Just an update here. I bought this leather stitching kit from Amazon which came with a nice curved needle for the repair. This kit worked great for this repair at only $13. I topped the stitching off with a little VLP glue. Not pretty but will do the job.

Amazon.com: Paxcoo 31 Pcs Leather Hand Sewing Craft Tools with Sewing Needles, Waxed Thread, Drilling Awl for Leather Canvas Sewing

View attachment 644723

As I am sure you know, from the picture, there is a split beginning to form in that seat adjacent to your fix.
Your Amazon seat kit fix may be only a short term solution.

/ Can a tear in a vinyl seat be stitched? #37  
i think flex seal would have worked GREAT on that tear!!!