Can anyone here identify this tree.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
East central florida. Very sandy soil. Ive not seen another that I can recollect.

Im looking for a privacy fence that grows very quickly and requires little maintenance. Some sort of dwarf that maybe maxes out at 8 feet and stays full all the way to base.

I understand that this prob. Isnt it but wont know unless I identify.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200126_081111.jpg
    20200126_081111.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 508
   / Can anyone here identify this tree.
More pics

Attachments

• 20200126_081122.jpg
    20200126_081122.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 227
   / Can anyone here identify this tree. #5  
If you want a privacy fence consider a Holley. But look up recommendations from the Ag University there. Not sure which one it is or go by your County Agents office, should have brochure with recommendations.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree.
If you want a privacy fence consider a Holley. But look up recommendations from the Ag University there. Not sure which one it is or go by your County Agents office, should have brochure with recommendations.

I spent quite a bit of time researching these at your suggestion. Ive ordered these 5-Nellie R Stevens Holly Liners | eBay and am hopeful of positive results. Thanks

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #8  
I thought it looks like a holly. Could be Ligustrum or cherry laurel. One thing they don't have is a DNA data base for shrubs. Hope someone is working on it. We need it.

Around here, I and my neighbor, both naked gardeners, like Leyland cypress. I had a few, and he put in A LOT more. They get a canker if they get too dry, but neither I nor he have experienced any canker in any of ours. They grow very fast and are evergreen and have limbs all the way to the ground almost like a shrub.

Ralph

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #9  
I thought it looks like a holly. Could be Ligustrum or cherry laurel. One thing they don't have is a DNA data base for shrubs. Hope someone is working on it. We need it.

Around here, I and my neighbor, both naked gardeners, like Leyland cypress. I had a few, and he put in A LOT more. They get a canker if they get too dry, but neither I nor he have experienced any canker in any of ours. They grow very fast and are evergreen and have limbs all the way to the ground almost like a shrub.

Ralph

I got a deal on some Murray Cypress this year. Just planted 40 of them and I have 10 left over.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #10  

One of the problems with Holly is one they start seeding you will have holly sprouts all over the place. They seem to sprout more readily that some other species. Last place I had there were a lot ov volunteer Holly up in the woods. Over 7 years I was there I got to potting and selling them at $5 a piece. Sold a lot, destroyed a lot where I could get at them. Where mixed in with other trees they will wind around other stuff. Not bad firewood though. I call them one of our weed trees along with alder and willow. Nasty to handle the female trees with their thorny leaves.

Ron