Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000
Thanks guys I'm heading down monday gonna try and line up a couple good options this week

I called Kaufman trailer yesterday, they have a 18' trailer on special for $2300 and supposed to be in stock but tbey are out so that was a bummer, nice people but just didn't have the one I needed in my price range, I'm picking up the tractor in Charlotte, I've got 1 trailer lined up but it's in salemsburg NC, 3 hrs out of way, gonna keep looking in va., and nc area, I'm sure I can find something,

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #43  
That looks like a lot of weight for a 1/2 ton PU.
How about this one then? IMG_1135.JPGAnd my trailer was $2400 with dual 6000# axles with brakes on both axles. This gives me a tare weight of 9600 pounds. I do have to watch my load balancing so as to not overload my trucks hitch but it pulls nicely.

That's a load, I'd say

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #45  
I called Kaufman trailer yesterday, they have a 18' trailer on special for $2300 and supposed to be in stock but tbey are out so that was a bummer, nice people but just didn't have the one I needed in my price range, I'm picking up the tractor in Charlotte, I've got 1 trailer lined up but it's in salemsburg NC, 3 hrs out of way, gonna keep looking in va., and nc area, I'm sure I can find something,

Could you delay your trip?
How soon could Kaufman build one for you?

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #46  
Two months back I bought a Superior branded 22 foot, dual axle, dual brakes 7700 GVW bumper pull behind with break away for $2500.

This company is in Georgia but they have dealers all up the SE coast.

She's in this pictures. Its a pretty solid trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_4202.JPG
    IMG_4202.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 103
   / Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #47  
Two months back I bought a Superior branded 22 foot, dual axle, dual brakes 7700 GVW bumper pull behind with break away for $2500.

This company is in Georgia but they have dealers all up the SE coast.

She's in this pictures. Its a pretty solid trailer.

7700 lb.?
Two 3850 lb. axles?
Have heard of 3750 lb. axles, but never..... 3850 lb. axles?

Trailer probably weighs 2800 lbs.?
7700 lbs. - 2800 lbs. = load capacity of 4900 lbs.
Might be a bit too light for OP's needs.
Seems like two 5000 lb. axles would be better for him, tractor/loader, plus bush hog, and heavy box blade.
Some excess capacity is just fine, but a bit less capacity than required, means trading/selling to buy a bigger trailer.

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #48  
Maybe 2 3,500 axles and 700 lb. tongue weight ? = 7700 gvw

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #49  
I had a Hooper 10k trailer until last year. Very nice trailer at a good price point. There are Hooper dealers near Charlotte:

hooper trailers for sale nc - Google Search

Hooper is based in GA and has a good reputation in my area.

/ Can I buy a trailer for my tractor around $2000 #50  
Maybe 2 3,500 axles and 700 lb. tongue weight ? = 7700 gvw

Yes.... I did think about that.
Recommended trailer tongue weight is 9%-15%
9% of 7000 lbs. would be 630 lbs. (7630 lbs. GVW)
9.1% of 7000 lbs. would be 700 lbs. (7700 lbs. GVW) The recommended tongue weight for max load, and for the manufacturers GVWR sticker loaded trailer weight.
15% of 7000 lbs. would be 1050 lbs. (8050 lbs. GVW) The max recommended tongue weight for max load. This weight, however, would exceed the manufacturers GVWR sticker weight of 7700 lbs.
Unfortunately, not many folks are able, or willing, to take the time to accurately determine tongue weight.
Just couple her up...looks good....let's go!