Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake?

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
I bought a 6 foot ratchet rake a few years back for my Bobcat T190 Skid Steer that had a 6 foot bucket. I sold the skid steer and kept the ratchet rake and was wondering if you can cut the ratchet rake down to a size that will fit my little BX23s 4 foot bucket? If so, what is best method of cutting? Any tips? I believe I recall folks cutting theirs in the past but not sure.

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #2  
My neighbor help me to cut my ratchet rake with a torch. Works great.

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #3  
My father in law has a home made motorized hack saw that slowly goes back and forth at about 1 stroke per second. I have cut very thick metal like the ratchet rake by setting it up and coming back to it 20-30 minutes later. Easy way to cut thick metal!

jodebg, didn't know I had a neighbor on the forum!

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #4  
If you lived close to St Augustine I would buy you the smaller one and trade ya lol. I'm about to get the 6 footer

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #5  
Bakerville section.

jodebg, didn't know I had a neighbor on the forum![/QUOTE]

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #6  
I bought a 6 foot ratchet rake a few years back for my Bobcat T190 Skid Steer that had a 6 foot bucket. I sold the skid steer and kept the ratchet rake and was wondering if you can cut the ratchet rake down to a size that will fit my little BX23s 4 foot bucket? If so, what is best method of cutting? Any tips? I believe I recall folks cutting theirs in the past but not sure.

..I'm just south of you. In western Tennessee.
I'll buy you a new one for the BX and take the 6' off your hands...(; Then no cutting will be necessary

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake?
..I'm just south of you. In western Tennessee.
I'll buy you a new one for the BX and take the 6' off your hands...(; Then no cutting will be necessary

Okay, that works.

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #8  
Okay, that works.
I'll send you a pm later today to talk about it. And give you my contact info.
Im on way to rural king then out to the fields for the rest of the day.

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #9  
As far as cutting goes, you'd need to be concerned about the welded on connection points. They'd still have to be inside the bucket when the cutting is done.

/ Can I Cut a Ratchet Rake? #10  
Bakerville section.

I'm on the east side of the reservoir. My farm backs up to reservoir property on two sides.

Old Red, you found the easiest way to shorten a ratchet rake!