Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #91  
For any echo non believers out there, Here's my dad's 40 yr old echo survived my wannabe timber butcher learning curve still has ok compression needs a carb rebuild though. Definitely feels like a 40 yr old saw and not safe for the ignorantly overconfident or inexperienced lol.

Attachments

• KIMG1935.JPG
    KIMG1935.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
   / Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #92  
You can't go wrong with an Echo or a Stihl. I am a small engine tech and have worked on most brands. The only issue I have with Echo saws were the cheap fuel lines they used. I often would just immediately replace them. Carburetors on small two cycle engines are also notoriously hard to clean. With that in mind, it's worth it to buy the Trufuel mixed fuel instead of mixing your own. It obviously costs a lot more, but you are not likely to have fuel related problems.
Battery operated saws have come a long way since their introduction. If you are an infrequent user (once or twice a year) that would be my choice. I'm actually considering one to supplement my Stihl.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #93  
I've replaced so many older two stroke cheap fuel lines with tygon. (Polyurethane I believe) that stuff works great, seems to last forever, and stays somewhat flexible in bitter cold.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #94  
Not an issue with syn fuel (fuel lines). I will say that the Echo's are about 1/2 the cost of a Stihl today.

Wife wants an electric chainsaw and I'm discouraging it.

She can use my CS top handle instead. Even a mouse can start it with the I30 low effort starter.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #95  
With that in mind, it's worth it to buy the Trufuel mixed fuel instead of mixing your own
If you buy it by the case (like I do), it's really not that much more. The Echo Red Armor 50-1 and the Tru-Fuel look and smell the same and in case quantity cost about the same (20 bucks a gallon give or take). Nice thing about syn fuel is the almost unlimited shelf life if unopened.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #96  
The one saw I'll never part with is my 45 year old Stihl 028 AV. Bought it new, way back when (has the heated hand grip as well) and pulls a 20" bar with 325 chisel no issue and runs like a top, even today.