Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #71  
Just bought (as I stated above) another chain grinder but this time a Chinese copy of the Oregon (Mophron). It's on Amazon and cost 106 bucks delivered and is an exact copy of the Oregon (Tecomec) grinder. This one will be for strictly Rakers. with a 30 degree CBN wheel.

Between the loops and the chipper knives, the shop is full of income stuff.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #72  
Prefer Stihl but have no quarrel with Echo. Definitely NO ETHANOL.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #73  
If you were buying again, would you just buy two of the Mophorns? I'd like to save $100+, but don't want to buy cheap and regret it later.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #74  
If you were buying again, would you just buy two of the Mophorns? I'd like to save $100+, but don't want to buy cheap and regret it later.
I don't know actually. Like the Oregon (Tecomec) but the China copy is nice dang good as well. I read the reviews before buying and a lot of the reviewers complained that the motor shaft was bent and the grinder was at that point useless. First thing I checked was the shaft runout on the one I bought and it's fine. The aluminum die castings aren't quite as robust as the Oregon / Tecomec and the Mophron cannot be wall mounted, it has to be bench mounted because, unlike the Oregon, the head tilt is set by a knob that sticks off the back side of the grinder so that eliminates wall mounting which, is a non issue with me as mine mount to the bench or should I say my welding table.

One thing I do like about the Mophron that the Oregon don't have (unless you buy the Ultra expensive hydraulic clamping Oregon for over 400 bucks) is the Mophron has a quick access (no tools required) for a wheel change, not that I'll be changing wheels because I won't be. I'm running CBN wheels so they won't get dressed or changed for may, many loops.

Just did a review of the Mophron on Amazon (think I'm spelling it correctly...lol).

Anyway, it's quite a bargain, spins the standard diameter grinding wheels and comes with extra stone wheels as well as a dressing stone and profile gage just like the Oregon, that I'll never use anyway.

If you spring for one, I suggest the first thing you check is the motor shaft for runout and if it has runout, send it back. A wobbling shaft will not work and could cause the stone wheels to explode.

They come very well packaged in 2 nestled boxes with the grinder partially assembled and nestled in Styrofoam. Assembly is simple, all you need to do is attach the chain vise, mount it and grind away. Even comes with the useless LED light mounted to the head. I will say the Chinese are good at copying the Oregon / Tecomec, made in Italy grinder.

Just my observations, nothing more.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #75  
As far as the accuracy of the clamp holding the chain teeth relative to the grinding wheel, no complaints there?

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #76  
As far as the accuracy of the clamp holding the chain teeth relative to the grinding wheel, no complaints there?
No and I checked the one I bought with a digital protractor. It's within a couple degrees of true. Like I said, I don't use the stone wheels anyway, only CBN wheels.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw?
   / Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #78  
I've never run non-ethanol gas in any of my small engines and I've never had fuel issues with my carbs, including the 20-year-old Echo CS305 and the almost 50 year old Stihl 031AVE. Of course, it could just be that fine California gasoline we get (j/k).

In machines that I can - like the rototiller or pressure washer - I'll run them dry. Other ones, like chain saws or brush trimmer, I keep the fuel topped up; I refill fuel & oil after using them. A full fuel tank reduces moisture collection from air.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #79  
Had to buy a new echo this past weekend. Another cs400. My wife's old cs400 bar oil pump went out. For $320 and all we have had to do to it lately, cheaper to buy new and I got a parts saw.

10 years with the old one and she used it all the time, about 3-4 times a week. I feel I got my monies worth out of it.

/ Can I get some thoughts and opinions regarding Echo chainsaw? #80  
I like Echo's and wouldn't buy anything else . Sayng that.....does anyone find their parts overly expensive? Had to get a clutch drum for my CS370, CAN$60 and CAN$25 for the $2 bearing