Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520

/ Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520 #1  

coollx

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520
When I took my JD front mounted 47" snow blower off my 2520 for the winter today and put my JD 46 backhoe on I was reminded how much of a pita mounting the backhoe is.

The JD dealer claims you can not mount the front snow blower on a 2520 with the 46 backhoe mounted and they are probably right although I have not yet tried it. Just crawling under the tractor and eyeballing the location of the middle pto and the backhoe sub frame for the backhoe suggests that the driveshaft should clear in the back, but would probably hit the sub frame's cross member up front. However, it appears that the front sub frame's cross member could be notched and reinforced to allow the snow blowers driveshaft to clear.

I'm wondering whether anyone on this board has actually tried installing both simultaneously and whether they will fit, or if anyone has attempted to modify the backhoe's sub frame to allow both to mount and work simultaneously?

I would love to know.

Thank you

/ Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520 #2  
I thought about this for a bit and then said to myself "Why would you want to run with both implements on?". You don't need the backhoe for weight. Your not going to use a backhoe in winter. If you need more traction get a set of turf tires and if that isn't enough go with chains. Or just put a set of chains on. Some guys run with just front chains. I have a 4410 with a 59" snow blower. On my flat ground I have lots of traction with no weight added at all.

/ Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520
My reason for doing it would not be for any traction benefit but to avoid what I find to be the hassle of having to install and remove the backhoe.

/ Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520 #4  
That makes sense to me. That's why I have an F-935. I can go mowing at any time and don't have to change equipment around.

The mistake I made was to mount a 59 snow blower on my 4410. It's nice but I can't use the fel at the same time without changing implements. What I should have done was mount a 47 onto my F-935. To soon old, to late smart!

/ Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520 #5  
My reason for doing it would not be for any traction benefit but to avoid what I find to be the hassle of having to install and remove the backhoe.

Hope you can get this worked out. If you have to remove the backhoe sub frame that would be a pain.

One of the reasons I have the assortment of tlb, tractor without fel and the mower capable of using a front blower. I often need the backhoe on a year round basis but don't need to deal with snow and use a mower deck at the same time. I plan to get a front blower for the x749 and use a rear blade on the rear.

/ Can I Install A Frt Mt JD Snowblower And A JD #46 Backhoe Simultaneously On A JD 2520 #6  
coollx
Now would be a good time to see what changes to the frame need to (or can) be made.. with the snowblower mounted, try to get the backhoe mounted. Should be more obvious then how the two fit up together.
Make the changes to the frame now so next fall mounting the snowblower will be a piece of cake for you.