Can I pour this concrete myself?

/ Can I pour this concrete myself? #21  
I did my own barn floor36x48, over two weekends, had the concrete trucked in. Had two experienced guys lined up to help me. The first guy couldn't get off work as planned, and the second guy left after 3 hours to go to his kids birthday party. This made the pour run long, costing overtime fees. I ended up doing it mostly by myself, with the drivers feeling sorry for me and pitching in a little help now and then.
Floor turned out mediocre, but good enough for me, I was so exhausted, I could barely walk back to the house. If I was ever to do another, anything over 100s/f, I would hire it done.

/ Can I pour this concrete myself? #22  
I did my own barn floor36x48, over two weekends, had the concrete trucked in. Had two experienced guys lined up to help me. The first guy couldn't get off work as planned, and the second guy left after 3 hours to go to his kids birthday party. This made the pour run long, costing overtime fees. I ended up doing it mostly by myself, with the drivers feeling sorry for me and pitching in a little help now and then.
Floor turned out mediocre, but good enough for me, I was so exhausted, I could barely walk back to the house. If I was ever to do another, anything over 100s/f, I would hire it done.

That's actually pretty impressive. I never would try that myself. I actually contemplated it when it was time to pour the floor in my 28x42 ft barn - but I had done enough concrete before to know I just couldn't handle it - and what I wanted was a really nice smooth floor. Took me some searching - but I found a guy who did custom floors who brought in his crew to do it. It was worth it. The floor turned out great. But I did all the prep work before hand - they just poured and finished the concrete.

On another note - to the OP , if you're going to use this as a workshop - I would HIGHLY recommend putting insulation down under the floor and put a vapor barrier down too. I did that under my barn floor - and it REALLY makes a big difference.