Can I put chains on my Kubota L35?

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35? #1  

Gasifier

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 310J, Kubota L4310
Okay. I'm back again. LOL Different piece of equipment now and the same problem. Would like chains on rear tires. LOL Can I put tire chains on the rear tires of my Kubota L35? I have seen in a couple different places where people say there is a space issue. ? Has anyone put chains on the rears on this tractor or do you have to put spacers to move the tires out further? Thanks in advance.

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35? #2  
FYI, Bro-Tek has these rear Spacers for $290 is you ever end up needing them...

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35? #3  
I've yet to try chains on mine. If you do end up putting them on, be sure to post here on how it worked out.

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35? #4  
Do you have a clearance issue with the backhoe frame? If so, and you want to avoid spacers, you could try screw in studs in your tires. Just a thought.

Kevin

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35? #5  
A one isnch spacer will work, maybe a nachine shop can make them for you. Kubota makes longer studs. Most deakears are unaware of this.

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35?
I've yet to try chains on mine. If you do end up putting them on, be sure to post here on how it worked out.

Will do if I buy them. I am going to see how things go for now. I had some unexpected bills come up, and Christmas is upon us now so the tire chains will have to wait. Especially if I have to buy spacers at that price! Ouch.

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35?
Do you have a clearance issue with the backhoe frame? If so, and you want to avoid spacers, you could try screw in studs in your tires. Just a thought.

Kevin

I read in another post here that there are clearance issues with trying to put rear chains on the L35s. I will have to see if I can find that again and contact that member to verify. I looked into the screw in studs and decided against them. They look like they may help on shear ice, but that is about it. I also want them for traction in snow and mud. I think chains will work the best for that. I will not be buying spacers and chains right now. By the time I am done doing that it looks like it would cost me $800 plus. Not going to happen right now. I will get them eventually though. I like this size tractor and found this one with only 175 hours on it. I have about 210 hours on it now about 6 months later I guess. I just had the loader converted over to a quick attach. That cost me some money. But I love being able to use my forks. Eventually, when I can afford it, the same guy who did that for me is going to build me a grapple that will work with existing hydraulic cylinders. I will have to pull the four pins on the loader to take the quick attach plate off, then attach the grapple. But it will save me from having to install more hydraulics up front and another control for it.

/ Can I put chains on my Kubota L35? #9