Can I remove a sway block w/out harming my tractor???

/ Can I remove a sway block w/out harming my tractor??? #11  
Upon further thinking can you not just turn the lower arm bushings around to achieve a narrower width also?

I borrowed the following picture from tech141 without permission (hope you don't mind) to help illustrate what I'm trying to say. The ~3/4" bushing high lighted in orange.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
   / Can I remove a sway block w/out harming my tractor??? #12  
In the last setting they will lock out sway on a Cat I implement when it is raised all the way up.

Regardless, I could never recommend someone going out and buying the sway blocks to re-install. IMO they were a horrible system, much better off to convert to check chains or adjustable bar type stabilizers.

The 3rd sway block setting is for specialty applications such as a rear rowcrop cult with a guide colter so a little movement in the steering wheel won't plow up crops. In my over 20 yrs employment at a JD dealership I may have seen sway blocks in that position a few times. On sway blocks vs sway chains I'll vote for sway blocks. Now the newer style sway bars such as my Kuboto M4900 is a different story. I like them because all one needs to do id pull a pin to change from Cat l to Cat ll(vice-verse).