Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel?

/ Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel? #11  
It's not algae that grows in the boundry between water and diesel fuel it's bacteria.

Ok so what do fractions up to 99% result in?

Diesel fuel or marked gas oil is dyed green in Ireland has what to do with fuel filters.

Am I missing something here or as SoundGuy would say "I think my secret decoder ring is broken". :D

/ Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel? #12  
I smell a troll poster.. and yes.. my decoder ring spit that one back too!

soundguy

/ Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel? #13  
Most in-line gasoline filters have a small pleated filter media composed of some paper. Many diesel in-line fuel filters are actually a stainless steel screen. Since many filters of this type for diesel are just a primary filter, it may not be in your best interest to substitute the cheaper paper filter. For the diesel lift pump pulling fuel from the tank there are limits to inlet restriction. If restriction gets too high, the engine is starved for fuel and may have reduced power. Some ECMs (electronic control module) on engines monitor fuel rail pressure. When they see reduced pressure (caused by high restriction) from the incorrect fuel filter, the ECM will derate the engine.

Diesel fuel has a higher viscosity than gasoline thus prefilters that are small need to have lower restriction so SS screens are used. On engines that use a prefilter made of some pleated media such as paper or Stratapore (from one filter company), to have the low restriction requires a large surface area. There is no free lunch on this. Now, you can make an informed choice.

/ Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel?
Most in-line gasoline filters have a small pleated filter media composed of some paper. Many diesel in-line fuel filters are actually a stainless steel screen. Since many filters of this type for diesel are just a primary filter, it may not be in your best interest to substitute the cheaper paper filter. For the diesel lift pump pulling fuel from the tank there are limits to inlet restriction. If restriction gets too high, the engine is starved for fuel and may have reduced power. Some ECMs (electronic control module) on engines monitor fuel rail pressure. When they see reduced pressure (caused by high restriction) from the incorrect fuel filter, the ECM will derate the engine.

Diesel fuel has a higher viscosity than gasoline thus prefilters that are small need to have lower restriction so SS screens are used. On engines that use a prefilter made of some pleated media such as paper or Stratapore (from one filter company), to have the low restriction requires a large surface area. There is no free lunch on this. Now, you can make an informed choice.

Thank you. I did go with the diesel screen-filter so once it warms up---- I will be good to go.

/ Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel? #15  
I reported the "troll" to the mods, looks like they nuked his post.

/ Can I use a gas fuel filter for diesel fuel?