Can loose battery connection cause…

/ Can loose battery connection cause… #1  

Modrob

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac
On my Kohler CH25s, I have the analog SAM ignition…
If a battery connection is loose (as in just put the cable end onto the post and pushed down slightly) can it cause an intermittent miss/stumble etc.? After much work on the motor recently I had just put the battery cables on, but forgot to tighten them…has been running fine, but has started getting a little erratic sometimes…of course I’ll tighten it up now and see 😉but wanted to see what yall thought…

/ Can loose battery connection cause… #2  
Loose battery terminals can cause intermittent lose of 12 volts which on Kohler will also shut off the output of the voltage regulator. Also the intermittent current can cause voltage spikes which plays havoc on the ignition system also. Many a ignition modules have been fried by voltage spikes caused by turning off the electric pto clutch on mowers. Know of one repair shop that had there laptop computer that was connected to an EFI engine that also got fried due to electric clutch spike. I know that is not totally in your experience but intermittent connections can cause the same effect.

/ Can loose battery connection cause… #3  
On my Kohler CH25s, I have the analog SAM ignition…
If a battery connection is loose (as in just put the cable end onto the post and pushed down slightly) can it cause an intermittent miss/stumble etc.? …
Most definitely!

With luck, it did not take out your alternator diodes or the ignition electronics. (Fingers crossed)

All the best,

Peter