Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #41  
I was not impressed with Mahindra when I looked. The details were cheap looking and fit and finish was not nearly as nice as LS or Kioti. I'm sure they are mechanically solid, but they cut corners on the details on my opinion.

Which model did you look at and what do you mean by cheap? 10 series maybe?

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #42  
If your not looking at cab tractors check out the 25 and 30 series tractors if there are any T3s left. Even the 5530 is within the prices your looking at and much bigger.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #43  
I don't think I'd mind paying more for the local dealer, but if he's going to be $1-3000 more than another guy, I'm going to be asking for extras like free transport back to his shop for any work, free 50hr fluid changes, etc..

Extra money feels great in your pocket, but it's also nice to get equipment back up and running quickly if anything should happen to go wrong.

When I was shopping My nearest dealer was almost $6k more than the lowest bidder. The nearest was still $3k more than the other local dealer I went with. NO WAY would I leave that money on the table! Nor should the OP. The only reason I can think of EVER agreeing to situation where one would pay more to one dealer over the other would be if the equipment was used commercially and required 24/7 guaranteed service availability...

For the average farmer/homeowner, NO.

CT

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #44  
6k in your pocket is your right.

Dealer putting you at the bottom of the list for not buying there is his "right". Regardless of corporate policy the reality is most dealers won't treat you as good as they do customers who bought from them. Got to know where your bread is buttered.

Local Husquvarna dealer won't service stuff bought from other dealers (like my chainsaw). I certainly dont fault him for it.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??

I have to agree with Olympus. I really like Mahindra especially the 5035 beast of a tractor BUT, the fit and finish are just not up to the Koiti and Kuboto tractors. Still might go with the 5030 but the best price I have found is $27,900 for a non tire iv. Like I said, the Ls 5030 would be a heck of a deal at $24,700 and I would probably have it if it were closer.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #46  

I was looking at the Max series. Similar to my LS 2023. It just screamed cheap to me.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #47  
I just want to pay a fair price for a good product. I know dealers need to make money to stay in business. Just do not tell me you can not match another price when you are asking $7,000 more. Buyers are educated and use forums like this one to educate themselves about dealers, prices and service. I think the good dealers let you know how much they are making on a sale, have excellent service and participate on web sites like this one to stay on top of the market. We all know the dealers that are on here. They usually have customers driving for miles to trade with them and have more business than they can handle. Just wish I had one closer to me. In my case I found a tractor a couple states away for $24,700. My local dealer had the exact same tractor and said he had it for special pricing at $31,000. I did not expect to get it for $24k but I am not paying $7,000 more. To bad, I did like the tractor.

I agree ... my local Massey/Kioti dealer is a great guy, great business model.

When I bought my first tractor from him, a Kioti, and we were negotiating on price ... he showed me how much he paid for it from Kioti, and showed me his markup, which was only $1000. Once I saw that, I didn't work too hard on beating down the price because I thought his $1000 commission was very fair. I appreciate honesty above all else, and that was something I really liked about his place. He performed a couple warranty repairs on the Kioti I had purchased from him quickly and properly, as was expected.

Fast forward to my current tractor... I shopped, compared, and wanted a Massey 16xx cab series. He had several cabbed Kioti's in stock, but couldn't get any remaining tier 3 Massey cab tractors, and was waiting in line to get any Massey tier 4 tractors. He said he'd be happy to sell me another Kioti, but understood that I wanted Massey. He said he felt personally that the Massey was a better built tractor, but the Kioti's were a better value.

Anyhow, I had to go to Wisconsin to get my tractor because there was only one available new 1648 HST cab that I could find in the country, and it was 9 hours away.

A very short time later, a Massey dealer on THIS forum, spoke about how he would refuse warranty work on a Massey if not purchased from him. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was ludicrous, short sighted, and stupid. So i called my locmal Massey/Kioti guy, explained the good news that I had finally found a 1648, but had to go out of state to get it. I asked him if he would honor any potential warranty repair even though I didn't buy it there, to which he quickly stated ABSOLUTELY YES. I mentioned about the other dealer here who said he would not complete warranty work if the tractor was not purchased from him, and he thought that was absurd. He said if his sign shows a Massey logo, that means he should Service Massey equipment and honor the warranty, regardless of where it was purchased.

So, I guess it all depends on the integrity of the dealer. And it goes to show, that it's not necessarily just one brand or another, even dealers of a large brand like Massey might be unscrupulous as well.

Good luck dealing with your rep

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them??
Looks like your dealer is thinking "Long Term" investment in you as a customer. I would gladly pay more to trade with someone like that.

/ Can ls dealers refuse warranty work on tractor not purchased from them?? #49  
It's a relatively free country. Can a dealer refuse to do warranty work or have their service department prioritize there service list based on whether or not it was purchased on site? Sure, it's their prerogative. Is it good business practice and does it make for good relations with corporate? Probably highly dependent on the each situation.

Me personally, I bought from one dealer and was loyal through several bouts of cruddy service before finding another dealership whose service department was both reasonably trustworthy and would honor warranty work. However, I still shop around when looking for additional implements and have bought from other sources.

Honestly, though over the long run the dealership getting my service work will likely get more of my funds as well as get first chance at sales over any one other place that I might buy equipment from.