Can not get bushhog to run continuously .

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #1  

Bobcat lover

Tractor
763 bobcat F series
Hi. I have a 763 Bobcat with about 2500 hours on it. There have been previous owners. When I try to run a brush cutter attachment the only way I can cause it to run is to hold the paddle on the right control arm to the right with my thumb. Needless to say after about 30 minutes my thumb is about worn out from continuously holding the paddle in position. I think that a previous owner has rewired something somewhere on the machine that is affecting the aux. pump controls. When I activate the trigger on the right control arm the machine locks up and comes to an abrupt halt. I have tried all combinations of engaging the green aux pump lights to try to get the cutter to stay engaged without holding the paddle to the right. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I may be doing wrong? Is there a sequence that I am not following properly? The Bobcat dealer has been no help.

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #2  
Can you post the SN# ?

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #3  
I've got a 2015 T650 and my bush mower operation is the exact same way. I've been mowing with it for a couple years now. My thumb is used to it now and as a bonus, I can win some bada** thumb wars. I may start using steroids to make my right thumb bigger.
But seriously, I dont know of another way to get the mower to spin the blades. My guess is the thumb paddle switch is a Bobcat lawyers idea for safety.

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #4  
Both of our bobcats have a button underneath that you push with your first finger after you select the direction of rotation with your thumb. I would think skid steers would be the same.

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #5  
Yes, like Xfaxman said. There should be a lever on top of the grip that you pull or push to start the brushmower turning. While holding that, you squeeze the trigger underneath. This holds it on. When you want it to stop, squeeze the trigger again.

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #6  
I've got a 2015 T650 and my bush mower operation is the exact same way. I've been mowing with it for a couple years now. My thumb is used to it now and as a bonus, I can win some bada** thumb wars. I may start using steroids to make my right thumb bigger.
But seriously, I dont know of another way to get the mower to spin the blades. My guess is the thumb paddle switch is a Bobcat lawyers idea for safety.
Raptorterry if your thumb paddling left and you have a Bobcat bush mower the couplers are reversed. If not continues flow is not turned on in the software. :thumbsup:

/ Can not get bushhog to run continuously . #7  
Rubber band?