Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks

/ Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
We all have our strong points, mine is not schooling.

This is the property Im clearing, Ime at the point where I am gonna start clearing the spot that I intend to use for the home and yard.

I dont know any way to figure out where the center of property is ( cause that where I want the house to be ) because I cant run a string and make an X ( too many trees still )

I figure that I can come X distance across from each corner.......for instance front of property and rear of property shows to be 330 feet.....ok I can measure across the front and rear of property starting at each corner and make my mark, then I can get a string line running front to rear and that will be two lines done.

Then I can measure up and down X amount from the front and rear of property both sides and run another string.

I hope this makes sense.

On my survey I see that they show two measurements for the sides of the property.....one is calculated and the other is field? I cant remember why there are both numbers?

The survey I show is facing the correct way, Obeed Ridge Rd is the dirt road in front of my property.

I want one acre rectangular cut out same shape as my property....I dont know how to do this problem.

Im not looking for dead nuts accuracy but anything worth doing is worth doing as best as I am able.

Thanks

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 230
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 162
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 169
   / Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks
Sorry if this isnt proper internet etiquette, I understand that its time consuming, if someone has the time and would like to help than thats great, if no help than thats Ok too and sorry if I ruffled your feathers

/ Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks #3  
If you do AutoCAD (or other Cad program) you could draw your plat, then center your rectangular acre in the exact center of the plat. Get the distances from AutoCAD and transfer them in the field. I've never actually done want you want, but that should work.

/ Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks #4  
I think you have calculated distance based on property description and the actual measurements to property corners.
The easiest way to get close to center is measure halfway along both long sides. String between those points measure 165 ft along string to near center point of property

/ Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks #5  
I'd do what Streetcar suggests. If you have a compass, it'll help you to walk in a straight line.

Ralph

/ Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks #6  
I'm not really sure what you're asking for, but if you use Google Earth Pro (free), you can outline a property and get all sorts of dimensions including perimeter and acreage in a variety of measurements like feet and meters. Coordinates also.

If you do AutoCAD (or other Cad program) you could draw your plat, then center your rectangular acre in the exact center of the plat. Get the distances from AutoCAD and transfer them in the field. I've never actually done want you want, but that should work.
I know nothing about auto cad
I think you have calculated distance based on property description and the actual measurements to property corners.
The easiest way to get close to center is measure halfway along both long sides. String between those points measure 165 ft along string to near center point of property
Thanks, I think your right on the descriptions, Im gonna figure it out though like I had mentioned, I have still alot of trees to remove within the rectangular box, stringing the box will give me the lines I need to make on the property and I can wipe out the middle

I'd do what Streetcar suggests. If you have a compass, it'll help you to walk in a straight line.

Ralph
Might be
I'm not really sure what you're asking for, but if you use Google Earth Pro (free), you can outline a property and get all sorts of dimensions including perimeter and acreage in a variety of measurements like feet and meters. Coordinates also.
I can get on these forums no problem, google earth I know nothing about, there is no internet on my property, no phone signal either.

Unless Im mistaken I need to know there are 43560 square feet in an acre, I want a rectangular acre like my property shape, I just need to know how many feet down and across I need to go from the corners

/ Can one of you guys figure this math problem for me? Survey related Thanks #10  
In rounded numbers, you want a 150 x 290' plot centered. 90' in from each side and 167' from the front and back will be closer than you could ever see.