Insurance can you get theft insurance on tractors?

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #11  
Home owners insurance should work if you stay on your property.

Business insurance should cover it if you use it to produce income.

If you're driving it on the road, you may need to have vehicle insurance to cover it. Especially if you have it licensed.

As in all instances, insurance is a business contract between you and the insurance company. Always double check to make sure what is and isn't covered, and get it in writing!

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #12  
My JD 790 is stored on land I own in the next county over. My hangup was it wasn't stored on my primary residence. If so, it would be covered as property. My homeowners has a rider to cover damages from Acts of God while on the other land, but not theft. I got a separate policy that covers theft for about $200 per year. Each insurance company has its quirks. All you can do is call and ask.

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #13  
I have inland marine on my 3540, runs about $600. per year here in the boston area!

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #14  
Our home owners policy covers everything on the property, including equipment, out buildings, guns, liability, the house even the well. $2,000 a year but worth it.

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #15  
You would have thought I was trying to insure a spaceship, when I tried to separately insure my new tractor.

No it was definitely not covered by my home insurance.

In the end I had to take out an extra "commercial" policy on my 25 acre hobby farm and then my longstanding insurance company would add on the tractor with an additional premium.

They would only insure at current market value and not agreed value

It seems the difference between home and hobby farming is a bit of a grey area.

Also worth checking, if you have a home policy and also have livestock, whether you are covered for 3rd party liability.

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #16  
Yes. We have State Farm, and our tractor is included in the policy-homeowners.:tractor:

I would re-check. My State Farm agent said they will cover lawn type tractors ,but not my farm tractor .I had to buy a" inland marine" policy to cover my tractor.

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #17  
KTAC ..the Kubota insurance company. Ensured my JD3320, 300CX, MX5, 447 BH, Long FEL, Frontier Box blade, Frontier scraper for $29700 and Polaris Ranger Crew for $10,000 yesterday for $477 (12 months) in VA.

http://ktacinsuranceagency.com/

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #18  
Coverage is on/off the farm for theft, wind, fire, explosion, roll over, hail, etc.

/ can you get theft insurance on tractors? #19  
My Homeowner covers everything in my House and detached Garage the only exception is if I experience a flood no coverage.