Can you guess what this is?

/ Can you guess what this is? #11  
Have you used one of these yet? I have a lake that I want to aerate in the winter and was wondering how large of area and how many nozzles it will run. any info would be greatly apreciated.
Great idea and good engineering to. It looks very neat.
Thanks
Leaddog

/ Can you guess what this is? #12  
Ain't foolin' me with that windmill nonsense.That'd be a Gumint Issue 1943 M29 Breast Pump! Mother raised up 12 of us younguns with one of those...and we dint have no cows neither!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Can you guess what this is?
Leaddog,

No, I haven't used one yet, I need to build it first. It wouldn't be too difficult to figure out how much O2 you could pump into your lake, knowing the volume of the bellows and the strokes/minute of your windmill. I hear that this type of pump works a windmill a little harder then a water pump but I'm not sure how that relates to power/wind needed to run one. Figured if I can find an old air spring off of a semi or camper trailer it wouldn't be too hard or $ to build one and find out first hand. One modification on the design in the picture, it looks like they drilled and tapped another port on the top of the bellows (air jacks only have one 1/2" or 3/4" npt) ; instead of going to all that trouble, I will simply fit a T with two check valves. One for the aeration hose, the other as the breather.

Orb

/ Can you guess what this is? #14  
Homier Tool markets an air jack at $130.00. I'll try to attach a link.

Homier tool air jack

The air jack doesn't come up directly in this link. Just do a search for it.

/ Can you guess what this is? #15  
orb

Try to find a truck junkyard, they should have lots of the air bags off trailers and semi-cabs, and cheap to if you find a model thats not used much any more.

I purchased an entire air-ride system off the rear of a kenworth at a junk yard for $400.00 not including the rearend. That was all the valves, hoses, air-bags, springs, etc. even the frame rails, as the guy at the junkyard just took a torch and cut the frame at the rearend.
Put it on a GMC Brigadier that I stretched 12' to make into a puller for our 48' enclosed car hauler, then never got to use them as someone wanted them more than I did $$$$. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve

/ Can you guess what this is? #16  
Pumps like yours have been used for some years. I saw one here in Ohio working that was owned by a guy that sold mills. It seemed to be doing a good job at the time that I saw it. He wasn't using any wood in his pump though.

/ Can you guess what this is? #17  
dang nabbit anyhow someone done beat me to the point!

(yep it's what bobdu said, a BREST PUMP) LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ya lots of ole truck air bags and are much cheaper than buying NEW...

Mark M

/ Can you guess what this is? #18  
Well I'm glad someone noticed that breast pump comment...Geez...I hadda take out the ole chompers ta get the accent right...Thought about askin' Dad what he done with that gizmo after Mother died.'Fraid if I ousta ask him..he'd throw rocks at me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Can you guess what this is? #19  
If a smaller size will work consider your local truck dealer. A lot of the time the dealers will remove stuff like air lifts and extra heavy duty hitches from trade in three quarter and one tons. That kind of equipment on a truck suggests hard usage. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had two airbags that I would have gladly given you that were on an alignment rack. That's another source to consider. That alignment rack is probably doing time in China right now as bicycle parts. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Keep us updated on how it works for you. Interesting project, very interesting.